Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 12:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you cooking/eating right now?
RE: What are you cooking/eating right now?
Flatbread sammiches -- grilled chicken breast, spinach, red onion, sliced bell peppers, cucumber, Campari tomatoes, garlic-stuffed olives, and cubed feta cheese, all on naan bread smeared with hummus and topped with tzatziki and ground pepper, washed down with mineral water.

I'm as happy as I've been in a while with a dinner I've made ... this rocks. Thank you, Summer!

Breakfast. Nothing else in my pantry seems appealing. Cheerios Protein, veggie sausage patties and a buttered english muffin.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(May 16, 2017 at 6:06 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Any possible faults butter may have are utterly eclipsed by the faults of margarine.

"My butter, garcon, is writ large in!"
A diner was heard to be chargin'.
"I had to write there,"
Exclaimed waiter Pierre,
"I couldn't find room in the margarine."

A maths (A subject I know nothing about) joke.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
I have 2 loaves of Icelandic dark rye bread baking in the oven -- at 200°F. Should be ready in about 7½ hours.
Baguette, Brie, strawberries and honeycrisp apple.
Just finished shopping for the last few ingredients I needed for this weeks "work lunches," Cranberry Pork and Pomegranate Lamb.

(April 25, 2017 at 1:25 am)Luckie Wrote: Fun fact? Pumpkins are not a readily available vegetable in the states as they are in Aus. Just canned form, as far as I know.

Pumpkin is availble in forms other than canned and becoming more so every year what with fucking everything having a pumpkin spice flavored variety these days. It's just not available at the big box chain grocery stores. You have to find an independent grocery or a store that will special order it. Still, it s hard to find fresh outside of the holiday season.

Even with all the pumpkin flavored stuff that's available, I think the largest use of pumpkin in the states is still jack-o-lanterns.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 27, 2017 at 11:19 pm)Astreja Wrote: I have 2 loaves of Icelandic dark rye bread baking in the oven -- at 200°F.  Should be ready in about 7½ hours.

Slow-cooked bread? Interesting. I wonder if that can be done in a crockpot.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(May 28, 2017 at 2:05 am)c172 Wrote:
(May 27, 2017 at 11:19 pm)Astreja Wrote: I have 2 loaves of Icelandic dark rye bread baking in the oven -- at 200°F.  Should be ready in about 7½ hours.

Slow-cooked bread? Interesting. I wonder if that can be done in a crockpot.

I think it very probably would work.  Here are the ingredients:

Dry stuff (mix together first):
3 cups dark rye flour
1½ cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons kosher salt (or 1 tsp regular salt)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

To the dry ingredients, add 2 cups buttermilk and 1 cup golden corn syrup and mix well.  Put into buttered pan(s), cover with foil, and bake/cook at low heat.
Coffee. Black. No sugar.
What? It almost qualifies as a meal if you make it strong enough.
Last night I had Domino's pizza.

Haven't yet pondered what I want for breakfast. Everyone else is still sleeping.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cooking vs Restaurants Spongebob 107 6152 September 19, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 2027 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Andrew Zimmern, "What's Eating America".. Brian37 36 3950 February 17, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Cooking Tips BrianSoddingBoru4 64 3347 November 13, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's cooking, good-looking? Mr.Obvious 45 2778 April 3, 2019 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1164 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 64871 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1283 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  You once loved it, but now... c172 38 5386 April 21, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  You once hated it, but now.... Foxaèr 27 3530 April 16, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: emjay