Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Rule Updates
RE: Two Rule Updates
Your eye roll briefly hurt my feelings for the split second before I noticed it was you speaking.
What coddling people? Yes, it is, but more importantly, it gets staff involved in dealing with people's personal misadventures in and around the forum. I just hope they never actually have to enforce it. How do you determine that a member has told another member not to talk about an off-forum relationship? Are the staff going to be caught up in silly quarrels? Who knows? The fact still remains that it is now a rule and time will tell if it's a burden on the forum. In the meantime, I'm going to go erase my post that says what kind of domicile Tibby and I have. I don't want him to ban me . . . or do I?
I agree because, of course, someone could claim to have not given permission when they have. Or someone could not have given permission and the other person could lie and say they were given permission.

And besides Staff getting involved in personal business outside of AF, how else can evidence for or against such things be provided?

IMO it is a poor rule. But at least we got rid of a useless one in the process... I guess.

But the useless one was redundant and doing no harm anyway: Outside of the there being a handful of people asking for it to be used.
It's a useless rule and it's got absolutely nothing to do with Doxing, clearly. This is just staff overreaching themselves for reasons known to them alone.

Not that I much care about it. I will never find myself in the position to have to consider whether I'm breaking it or not. All the ironic... Lol
I love that the ones who've been calling everyone else whiny bitches are now whining about the new rule.

It's a fucking easy rule that should never have to be enforced. Don't talk about someone else's personal business unless they say it's ok. Jeebus
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Meh, you can't please everyone.
Okay, question...

Everyone knows my other half's name is Rob. Would it be out of line to say what we are doing in the what's everyone up to thread, given that he's not a member here, but I am?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 28, 2016 at 6:17 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Okay, question...

Everyone knows my other half's name is Rob. Would it be out of line to say what we are doing in the what's everyone up to thread, given that he's not a member here, but I am?

Can't see why it would be out of line at all. But then again, I'm no moderator, just the SOWLB.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 28, 2016 at 6:17 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Okay, question...

Probably depends on what you're doing Wink Shades
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 28, 2016 at 4:02 pm)Shell B Wrote: What coddling people? Yes, it is, but more importantly, it gets staff involved in dealing with people's personal misadventures in and around the forum. I just hope they never actually have to enforce it. How do you determine that a member has told another member not to talk about an off-forum relationship? Are the staff going to be caught up in silly quarrels? Who knows? The fact still remains that it is now a rule and time will tell if it's a burden on the forum. In the meantime, I'm going to go erase my post that says what kind of domicile Tibby and I have. I don't want him to ban me . . . or do I?

You're right.

In my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA: Hate Speech, rule 7 arewethereyet 24 2744 September 21, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 7019 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  PSA: Added to threats rule arewethereyet 8 2975 May 19, 2022 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  PSA: The Necroposting Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 42 7264 April 6, 2022 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: brewer
  PSA - Clarification of rule #3 on doxxing. arewethereyet 18 3905 November 17, 2021 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Proposing A Rule Change BrianSoddingBoru4 24 5033 June 11, 2020 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  PSA: New Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 75 13987 July 22, 2019 at 8:19 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  The 30/30 rule Losty 3 1294 June 27, 2018 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Pedophilia Rule Modification Tiberius 3 1208 June 27, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  New Rule - Promoting Terrorism Tiberius 65 11913 June 21, 2018 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama