Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 10:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
4 Arrested In FB Video Torturing Of A Mentally Challenged Man
RE: 4 Arrested In FB Video Torturing Of A Mentally Challenged Man
(January 6, 2017 at 1:49 pm)A Theist Wrote: If you really want to be civil, yeah sure. We can do that. If you can stop acting like a superior pompousass and agitating these tiffs with your condescending little digs I'll be civil with you in response. We'll see if you're able to manage that one, Kemosabe.

I don't see that I've condescended to you. I've suggested taking a deep breath and actually replying to what has been posted, and mentioned that assigning attitudes that aren't present could hurt your credibility. Those weren't digs, nor were they mentioned for feelings of superiority, but simply pointing out the possible fallout that might arise from your insistence on strawmanning folks. I certainly don't think it merited the reply you gave, myself.

But whatever. You can impute this or that attitude to me, or you can simply ask me.

(January 6, 2017 at 1:53 pm)Napoléon Wrote: This is not necessarily aimed at you Thump, but when certain people bow into a thread like this and immediately brand others racist, it's the same exact feeling you probably have in response to A Theist right now.

Is it not understandable that the discussion gets to this point when people throw terms like that around? Again, a seeming double standard to me that I don't see anyone else bringing up. When Min pops in and effectively says this thread is 'just a bunch of racist shit' (paraphrasing), who else turned around to ask what was racist? Who else turned around and called him out for such a ridiculous comment?

I've learnt long ago that Min is prone to knee-jerk responses, and through my own interactions with him, figured that changing his mind on a matter is not very likely ... so when he does that sort of thing, I pay little attention. I'm not responsible for defending his views and won't do it.

I much prefer discussions where invective is, uh, minimized, but knowing that that is unlikely online with some folks, I don't bother too much unless it's directed at me.

(January 6, 2017 at 11:16 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(January 6, 2017 at 10:33 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: No, I don't think it's lost its meaning. I do think A Theist is really harming his credibility by slinging the accusation around when it's clear no one here is behaving in that manner.

No one is saying what the 4 guys did was good. But I do notice that a couple ppl (not naming names unless I need to) seem to be hesitant to refer to is as a racist hate crime. I called one of them out specifically earlier on in the thread. 

If these same people were this slow to call "racism" when things were done to minorities, I wouldn't be thinking anything of it. Because it would be consistent. But the thing is, they're not. Not at all. So to deny there is a double standard among some folks here is disingenuous.

(January 6, 2017 at 11:04 am)A Theist Wrote: The racist remarks they made in the video tape was pretty damning, (I'm assuming you watched it?). Unless there's some kind of plea bargain made you just know that the prosecutors in the case are going to be all over those remarks. They convicted themselves. There's no way around it. The attackers were motivated by racism, and the other multiple things you mentioned all led back to the guy being white, in addition to his disability making him an easier target.  Yeah, they mentioned Donald Trump. But in their view, and there's blame to be shared by the democrats and the leftwing media for this, they were indoctrinated to believe that whites who voted for Trump are racists. The left has long been making that case against whites while either downplaying or completely ignoring that racism is also rampant among blacks. That's clearly evident in some of the other threads I was reading through this morning. There were not a few comments made that said if a person voted for Trump or a Republican, or if a person in Britain voted for Brexit, they were racist. Those four attackers were conditioned from their youth to be racists.

I don't think Tib is saying this wasn't a racist hate crime. I think he's saying it was that, among possibly other things on top of it. 

When 4 black ppl are torturing a white guy while saying "fuck white people", it's pretty obvious this is racism. There would be 0 question if it was the other way around, and everyone here knows that.

(January 6, 2017 at 11:16 am)A Theist Wrote: What a whiny ass! Damn! I'll lose sleep over this one! I have no credibility with the Thump! Well, the double standards that you and your left leaning buddies hold to regarding racism doesn't give you much credibility either.

To be fair, Thump himself has not given a double standard. As he clearly and without hesitation said this is a racist hate crime.

on point two you have failed to establish your claims you can scream if it was the other way all you like you have not shown it so

(January 6, 2017 at 12:29 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(January 6, 2017 at 12:27 pm)pool the great Wrote: Oh. CL, you poor thing. Didn't you know that would go against the script? What script you ask? Oh goody! You didn't know?! We have a script for these, it's a little something we like to call propaganda.

Anyway, it goes something like this:

White > Black

Men > Women

Straight > Gay

Transsexuals > Gay

If you are a Black transsexual woman then you have the highest oppression points. Now, you can either put on your big girl panties, say fuck it, I control my own life oooor you can cash in on your oppression points.

If you are a white straight male then you're pretty much fucked in terms of oppression points. You basically have none, so it makes people hesitant to defend you because, hell what's in it for them? They aren't going to be defending someone with high enough oppression points so that means their social status will remain unchanged but if they were to defend someone with higher oppression points their social status can increase with the help of virtue signaling and higher morale.

We call these kinds of people "fake bitches". They lack any kind of honesty and the only reason they do anything good is to further themselves in the social ladder. Oh well, more fun for me.

She asks people to just be civil and you reply with some snarky strawman.  That isn't helping either.  I agree with CL, this thread is far off the rails.

Just keep spewing delusions pool
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(January 6, 2017 at 1:48 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(January 6, 2017 at 12:51 pm)Shell B Wrote: Did I fucking say you were the one who posted in politics?

Seemed like you were implying it. I am the OP after all and you said 'it was posted in politics' so...

Since our threads were merged, and with the title that I used, it's possible that I was the one who accidently posted mine in politics. I post in both the N&CA discussions and in the Politics discussions as well. Both of those pages are right next to each other, so it's possible that I could have done it. If I did, it was purely accidental and not meant to be put in the political discussion page, although topic drift happens a lot here anyway no matter what the subject of the thread may be or where it's at.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
And the Alt-Right conspiracy assholes wasted no time trying to link these sickos to the Black Lives Matter movement.

Same fucking shit these assholes do when Blacks protest, pointing out the few ignoring the majority that DONT riot. Yet these same right wing nutfucks say nothing after a college football riot or hocky riot or even the pumpkin riot.
ITT: everyone pretty much sort-of agrees with each other but still finds new and exciting (read: tired and overdone) ways of screaming at each other.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SUGGESTING YOU SILLY LITTLE FISHMONGER!

* Edwardo Piet falls asleep suddenly because tired
(January 6, 2017 at 5:23 pm)Iroscato Wrote: ITT: everyone pretty much sort-of agrees with each other but still finds new and exciting (read: tired and overdone) ways of screaming at each other.

I've been saying that since the first page or so. Try telling them that. (I can comfortably say "them." I'm not a snowflake or a racist.)

Wait . . . you just did. Good luck. Argue
(January 6, 2017 at 1:27 pm)A Theist Wrote: Hold on. I've been called a neo nazi, Adolf, racist, kkk, and not once have I complained or cried about it...and you're crying because I called a few people SJWs because they skirt around the racial motivation behind the hate crime?

OK, firstly, I'm not crying. There's a difference between being whining / crying about something and debating / discussing something. I'm doing the latter. Notice how my posts aren't emotional, they aren't just disregarding what you are saying, I'm engaging your points and attempting to refute them. Honestly, you do yourself no favors by just claiming that people who disagree with you are "crying".

Secondly, whether you complain about being called a neo nazi, Adolf, racist, kkk, etc. is up to you. It has zero to do with this discussion, or your unfair categorization of people in this thread as SJWs. Drop the "holier than thou" attitude. I don't care if you don't complain about being called shit; that's entirely up to you. Other people might complain about those things; I certainly would.

Quote:(that's not to say they don't believe it wasn't actually racially motivated.They just don't want to come out and say it was). 

Except they did...repeatedly. Read the thread. I have yet to see someone who actually came out and outright denied that this was a racially motivated crime. You claim they exist, so link me to their posts. This is your problem; you came into this thread with the presumption that you'd find a load of members who would deny that this was racially motivated, and when that didn't happen, rather that admit that maybe this time you were wrong about people, you imagine and invent instances where your presumptions were confirmed.

Quote:There's a few participants here on the left leaning side who paint conservatives as nazis or kkk, and I think you know one in particular. Where are you when that happens?

Man I am so glad you asked this question! Here I was: https://atheistforums.org/post-1475616.html#pid1475616
For what it's worth, there's this:

https://www.gofundme.com/lets-show-the-c...ictim-love

There's a lot of evil in the world, but all in all there is even more good.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Just heard that they contacted the victims family for $300 ransom. At least one is fucked. TV atty said that's all the prosecution needs to support kidnapping and a 30 year sentence.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caroline Farrow got arrested, spending 5 hours in jail. Jehanne 2 679 October 18, 2022 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Man Arrested for owning guns. onlinebiker 133 7484 July 26, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Assange Arrested. Brian37 45 4299 April 11, 2019 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 432 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Kid arrested for not standing for pledge... Brian37 110 8318 February 22, 2019 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Saudi Arabia accused of torturing female activists by electrocution and flogging WinterHold 6 647 November 24, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Breaking: American mercenaries torturing Saudi princes WinterHold 16 3066 November 28, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Breaking: Prince Walid Bin Talal arrested WinterHold 7 2590 November 16, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Man gets arrested for offending random woman by asking "Are you a mom?" ErGingerbreadMandude 74 24583 June 23, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Trump is too mentally unstable to be president Foxaèr 15 4630 June 17, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Jackalope