Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 5:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afghan riots over Quran-burning: 2 days, 20 dead
RE: Afghan riots over Quran-burning: 2 days, 20 dead
(April 3, 2011 at 7:27 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Smells like a shit load of Patriotism which to me is just as dangerous as religious extremism. Remember what Oscar Wilde said about Patriotism.

"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious."

Oh, was that Wilde? I always thought it was Baron Von Richthofen,which makes it especially ironic and poignant. However, it IS very Wildean.
I feel the same way padraic, my views changed after I was discharged from the military. I lost many friends to this war in Iraq. I lost family in the towers and I actually live in NY so I was about 30 blocks away when the attack happened. At the time I lived about 10 blocks away and had to smell the smoke for months since it was in the air quite some time. All governments are corrupt in my opinion and the laws they enact only really benefit those that enact them and enforce them.

I wish I did not have any of my taxes directed toward the support of religious institutions but I don't have the "freedom" under the constitution to refuse. Although that same useless piece of paper states clearly that religion and state should be separate. If you read the IRS handbook for churches and non profit organizations it states that churches are not obligated to disclose their finances, they do it on a voluntary basis.
Yeah, padraic that was Oscar Wilde. I love it when people are deluded so much as to say that the government represents the people. What a laugh! Go ask the many Vietnam vets that were forcefully drafted into the war what they think about that? Here in New York alone many of our homeless are military veterans from various conflicts the U.S. has been involved in. Most soldiers get screwed by the very country they fought to protect history has many examples of this.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

RE: Damned Protestants...
(April 3, 2011 at 8:22 pm)chatpilot Wrote: padraic we have laws here in the U.S. against marital rape and like it or not vox it's a real crime that has real consequences.

but those laws are only on paper, they obviously dont count according to you Chatpilot. Let me remind you..
(April 2, 2011 at 9:52 pm)chatpilot Wrote: You love clinging to that first amendment bullshit don't you rj ? It's just a fucking piece of paper that the government applies as they see fit. And let's not forget it's an amendment and can be amended in the future. Have you ever been arrested before? Well the in our courts the presumption of innocence states that a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, but guess what? When you are arrested no matter what the crime you are treated as a criminal the entire time you are in custody until you are proven innocent. It should state you are guilty until proven innocent that would be more closer to how that system really works.

Need I say more? Now I usually like people being nutty and hypocritical, but only if its funny. You aint funny.

rj I was making a point about the laws regarding marital rape these are state laws and are not found in the Constitution. You go rape your wife if you are married and let her call the cops then you tell me from your prison cell whether they count or not okay? Wikipedia defines the Constitution as such: 'The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America. The Constitution is the framework for the organization of the United States government and for the relationship of the federal government with the states, citizens, and all people within the United States.'

Stop being an ass the constitution is just a piece of paper when it comes to citizens claiming all of these rights they are led to believe they have. They are not rights but rather privileges that can be revoked at anytime at the governments whim. All they have to do is say it is in the best interest of national security, haven't you learned anything from 9/11? They utilized it then and continue to do so.

(April 3, 2011 at 4:48 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Oh rj, you hurt my feelings. Seriously though, he should be ashamed for inciting the violence that now engulfs the middle east due to his childish actions. I bet he wont dare do that in Afghanistan in a public square where he is surrounded by violent, backward, crazy ass Muslims. Honestly though, I would trade the lives of all those that have died and continue to die due his actions for his any day.

It's not about freedom for me it's about common sense. It's easy to speak of war when you are not sitting in the bunker being shot at.

I agree completely CP, but I'd also like to add it's a personal accountability issue for me as well. He'd have saved a little face if he'd taken accountability for the repercussions of his actions, but he just didn't seem to care and definitely thought the deaths had nothing to do with him.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Quote:What a laugh! Go ask the many Vietnam vets that were forcefully drafted into the war what they think about that?

Well as it turns out, I have.

I served from 1968-1970. (conscripted) Did my tour in Malaysia; nobody shooting at me. My unit was the first Battalion ,Royal Australian Regiment,which had just returned from Vietnam. I served with several hundred vets,about 20% of whom were conscripts.

Spent a lot of time talking to vets about "the funny place". Most were apolitical and unconcerned about the why, although "hearts and minds" and "freeing the Vietnamese" was dismissed out of hand for the bullshit it was.. Interestingly without exception, every vet to whom I spoke respected the vc but was contemptuous of US troops (as troops,not as people) and their leaders; Westmoreland was loathed.

When asked "why did you fight?" the universal answer was; "to protect myself and my mates". Gung ho types (especially officers) were despised; they got people killed. I can't say fragging never happened,but I never heard of it amongst Aussies.

I have never forgiven the conservative government for breaching our constitution by introducing conscription, especially in peace time. For that reason alone I swore I would never vote for the cunts, and never have.
Apparently his god told him it was okay, tacky.
(April 3, 2011 at 10:07 pm)chatpilot Wrote: rj I was making a point about the laws
I know what your points are. At any point you can say laws are merely a piece of paper, and others you are willing to uphold. Am I missing anything?
(April 3, 2011 at 10:07 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Stop being an ass the constitution is just a piece of paper when it comes to citizens claiming all of these rights they are led to believe they have. They are not rights but rather privileges that can be revoked at anytime at the governments whim. All they have to do is say it is in the best interest of national security, haven't you learned anything from 9/11? They utilized it then and continue to do so.

I never thought of it that way. Rape laws are OKAY! But bill of rights is paper. How foolish of me to think they were all equal laws. Is there anything else I need to know on how to think about these laws? Why cant I think that marital rape laws are NOT "just a piece of paper" as well? Sorry for being such an asshole to ask you for your expertise on this subject, but I need to know how to properly think about which law is "just kidding", and which law is "dead serious".
rj laws in a society are necessary to maintain order I never said that that was wrong. I made the point that the constitution as nice as it looks on paper, those that are charged with upholding it (the government) don't necessarily follow the rules. They use the constitution like Christians use the bible in a way that is mostly advantageous to their own group or circle.

Agreed tack what pisses me off most is that it is not his life that is hanging by a thread here. His God told him that Islam is of Satan so go out there in the yard and burn a Koran in my name, fuck the collateral damage of your actions. Like father (God) like son (pastor Jones).

Anyway I have said enough on this topic rj so you wont be hearing it from me anymore everyone is entitled to his opinion. I am starting to feel like I am arguing doctrine with a Christian see you on some other subject of contention soon.

Min it's either the devil told me to do it or God did depends on the situation just ask any Christian.

Bravo padraic I applaud your decision to not vote for those dick heads ever again. I personally don't believe in Americas so called democratic process. Like all governments it is flawed and corrupt. What can you say that is politics and look who is mostly at the helm former liars ooooops I meant lawyers. Most politicians here are liars they would do anything to get your vote and get elected. Sort of like an evangelist who promises all those that come to Jesus forgiveness of his sins and peace everlasting etc. etc. Then when they get your vote they basically put on their ear plugs and get to work at how to fuck you over and use you to help them get ahead.

Politics and religion are nothing but two filthy slutty whores who compliment each other perfectly. I am glad I am past the age of being drafted because even if I were drafted I would tell them to fuck themselves and get my prison cell ready. I would never fight for this or any world government since most wars that are waged by countries have ulterior motives that you are not made aware of. You as the foot soldier are nothing but a government puppet and pawn in the worlds game of chess.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3661 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Taliban stop female Afghan students leaving country to study in Dubai zebo-the-fat 43 3696 September 1, 2023 at 1:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9319 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20687 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1354 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4589 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2966 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49096 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12991 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 874 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker