Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 12:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔
RE: Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔
(November 23, 2016 at 10:24 am)The Joker Wrote: The Various Tests prove a young earth of 6000yrs, Creationist Science Ken Ham. 
  • Carbon-14 in Fossils and Diamonds
  • Carbon-14 Evidence for a Recent Global Flood and a Young Earth
  • Measurable 14C in Fossilized Organic Materials: Confirming the Young Earth Creation-Flood Model
  • “The Pitfalls in the Radioactive Dating Methods—The Radiocarbon Dating Method
  • The Earth’s Magnetic Field Is Young
  • The Earth’s Magnetic Field and the Age of the Earth
  • “The Earth’s Magnetic Field” from Earth’s Catastrophic Past
  • Helium Diffusion Rates Support Accelerated Nuclear Decay
  • Young Helium Diffusion Age of Zircons Supports Accelerated Nuclear Decay
  • The Age of the Earth’s Atmosphere Estimated by its Helium Content
  • “Helium in Rocks and in the Atmosphere”
  • DNA in “Ancient” Bacteria

(November 23, 2016 at 8:51 am)Mathilda Wrote: Publish a peer-reviewed paper in the scientific literature and then we can talk. Until then evidence is that you're wrong.

(November 23, 2016 at 10:24 am)The Joker Wrote:
(November 23, 2016 at 8:50 am)Mathilda Wrote: You feel the loss when you are alive regardless of whether you are right or wrong. Is that so hard to understand?

You have to pay a tithe.
You're told how to behave and act according to a book and how someone else interprets it according to their own personal bias and lose the freedom to figure things out for yourself.
You have to spend time praying, going to church every Sunday and proselytising.
You are conditioned and are repressed in unhealthy ways, such as believing that non-reproductive sex and masturbation is somehow unhealthy
You are compelled to spend time and effort to infect other people with the god virus, just like you are doing now.

Believing in god is like being infected with a parasite. It takes over your life and influences your actions to help it spread to other hosts.

All rather pointless if there is no god and there is only one short finite life. This is why Pascal's wager is wrong. Believing in God carries a cost.

So what? I'd rather Go to Heaven than Hell for all eternity.

But if you're wrong and there is no eternal Heaven and Hell then you have endured the above loss during your one finite life for no reason.

Therefore Pascal's wager doesn't work. His wager assumes that there is no cost to believing. There is.

How much clearer can I make it? How many times do I need to repeat this? I've even formatted it for you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔ - by I_am_not_mafia - November 23, 2016 at 10:38 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 7482 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did Communists promote Evolution? Nishant Xavier 318 17124 September 7, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 5276 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 482 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2085 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2077 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 12239 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 155266 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Why was Newton a theist? Alexmahone 65 13167 March 24, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1138 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89