Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 1:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am about to ask a serious but utterly reprehensible question
RE: I am about to ask a serious but utterly reprehensible question
(February 1, 2017 at 7:41 pm)Astonished Wrote: So? Got any hard evidence to back up any claims or is it going to be all anecdotal or philosophical word scramble? I've heard it all, and no matter how you think you've got it figured, you really don't. Guaranteed.

No.... no hard evidence for you!

I'll try to sort through all those adjectives to answer some of your concerns...

I didn't address your subject matter (hell & related) because many vehicles are used to enslave the masses. 
I thought you cared about the child in your terrifying tale . But after witnessing your revealing testimony, 
I realized the kid was just a prop. It was more about you.

Also, you are confusing me with someone who cares..... about your salvation! Or anyone else's for
that matter. No sherlock, I'm here for you to talk me down from my religion. Its been 6 years around 
this boneyard, and nothin' yet. No one. And while I'm here, I may as well add some fuel, so to speak. 
Of course there are my brothers in Christ I will support and defend. So, those are my motives. Nothing else.

As for you? I would say you've created a nice little scenario for yourself in your op.... minus the "prop" of
course. You see, I don't spend a nanosecond thinking about hell. No profit in it. At least not for me.
I'll leave it to you and the fundies to whip up into frenzy of nonsensical hyperbole. Hell doesn't exist
for me. It may be there, It may not. I don't really care. I spend my time thinking more heavenly thoughts.

The question of God always comes down to "hard evidence". But actually the real issue is "acceptance" of Him.
Now that I have your attention.... wait a minute before you scramble to write more adjectives .... 
I'll "prove" my point!

IF God revealed Himself to you, would you pay Him homage? Would you bow down before your creator,
and Love Him? Smile and "accept" Him, and His Love?

uh.... Let me guess here. No.

You see, that is what it really comes down to. "I will not serve." And like most anti's you are your God.
And the only scenario that is real for you is the place you've created in your mind.... minus the "prop"
of course. Because there is "nothing" out there. No Thing. That is what you look for. And that is what you find.

Its actually kind of sad, and ironic that the men that you say fooled us with "dusty old pages", have fooled you too!
The search didn't stop for me. For you? that was enough evidence to condemn everything about the existence of God.

Scripture for me, is a treasure map. Not the treasure. A map is loaded with many things. And people can read it
many ways. The road is never easy. There are many obstacles, and pit falls. There may even be some dead ends
and exaggerations. But the treasure is real. Because the map is there. And using it has taken me further than I could 
imagine possible. So, I will follow it to the end. Mostly, because of my faith. And secondly? Its better than "No Thing".
Quis ut Deus?

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am about to ask a serious but utterly reprehensible question - by ronedee - February 2, 2017 at 2:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello Atheists, Agnostic here, and I would love to ask you a question about NDEs Vaino-Eesti 33 6010 April 8, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Tokikot
  A serious question for theists dyresand 35 5124 November 12, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 4904 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Theists ask me a question dyresand 34 7845 January 5, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Serious moral question for theist. dyresand 30 7533 September 1, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  [extremely serious]The Truth Behind Christianity. Stephanie113 5 2250 August 19, 2015 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why So Serious? Servatum 11 2577 November 5, 2014 at 5:50 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
Exclamation serious question dyresand 59 7958 October 30, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Voter's Guide for Serious Catholics Dolorian 22 6538 September 11, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: vodkafan
  Dear Christians... Are you F***ing serious? Proof of Blood and Ark xr34p3rx 29 15507 January 12, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: xr34p3rx