Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 1:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion-Killing: The Silent Genocide: 2 Billion Deaths Victims Worldwide.
RE: Abortion-Killing: The Silent Genocide: 2 Billion Deaths Victims Worldwide.
@ Brian, and also that guy with the Gandalf pic: I would prefer to keep such things confidential, but since you asked, I will tell you. I donate roughly 20% of my income - more than Christianity requires, btw - to Churches and Charities among which are also various Orphanages and Trusts that help abandoned or orphaned children. Now, maybe you should tell me how much you donate, since you put me on the spot. But even if not, that's fine. And while I'm happy to say, by God's Grace, I earn a Good Salary, and therefore 20% of that is a considerable amount, I aim to gradually increase that to 40% by the time I'm 40, especially if my salary itself increases to a certain threshold by then, which I intend to work for, so that I'll then be able to afford that; and as I've mentioned before, a famous Christian, Pastor Rick Warren, a Millionaire, has done the same. He started with 10% and kept increasing. He now gives 90%, a practice also known as Reverse Tithing. Ooh, I can just hear Angry Atheist Hitchens from beyond the grave: "Oh boy, that Christianity really poisons everything". LOLOL. Wrong.

Pastor Warren: "Kay and I became reverse tithers. When we got married 30 years ago, we began tithing 10%. Each year we would raise our tithe 1% to stretch our faith: 11% the first year, 12% the second year, 13% the third year. Every time I give, it breaks the grip of materialism in my life. Every time I give, it makes me more like Jesus. Every time I give, my heart grows bigger. And so now, we give away 90% and we live on 10%. That was actually the easy part, what to do with the money--just give it away, because I'm storing up treasures in heaven." The reference is to Mat 6.

Jesus Christ: "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Mat 6:19-21)

Angrboda, and also anyone else, on the Abortion issue:

The argument really is very simple, I: (1) All Human Beings have All Human Rights (2) The Child in the Womb is a Human Being (3) Therefore, the Child in the Womb has All Human Rights. (4) All Human Rights include the Right to Life, otherwise you and I don't have that Right either. (5) Therefore, the Child in the Womb has the Right to Life. It has this simply by virtue or by Nature of being Human, which we can now medically prove. Not just of course the fact that the Child in the Womb has a beating human heart proves that, but even some time earlier, it was medically known, the child in the womb is a new human being, genetically distinct from each of her parents, having 23 chromosomes from both.

You need to establish he/she is not Human in order to justify discriminating against them to the point you deny them Basic Human Rights as alleged Sub-Human Non-Persons. The same argument would apply in earlier times to those who denied Human Rights to some Human Beings, say, Black or Brown People etc. Since all Human Beings have all Human Rights, and since Black and Brown People are genetically Human, it necessarily follows they have all Human Rights, including, in that case, the right to liberty etc. 

As for your response, the 2nd Argument is a pre-emptive response to an Atheistic/Liberal Objection that would go something like this: (1) That all human beings have all human rights, I concede. (2) But these rights can be justly denied when one person depends on another. (3) Now, the Baby in the Womb depends on her Parents. (4) Therefore, the intrinsic and Natural Human Rights of this Baby can be justly denied.

This is a Sophism and a False Argument.

The False Premise is (2). I gave the 2 counter-examples to show that it is not true that one person's basic human rights can be justly denied even if one person depends on another. Babies depend on their Parents after birth, yet it is clearly wrong to kill them. You are saying the manner of dependence is not the same before and after birth, and that's true, but what matters is the premise itself of dependence doesn't enter into the question. In these days when we're saying even Prisoners and Guilty Criminals ought not be put to death, it's a shame we put to Death Innocent Babies who have done no wrong, except be born to Parents who conceived them.

@ Fake Messiah: Pathetic Militant Atheist Rubbish I don't have time to address right now. Will get back to it later when work is done. Btw, you should read what Just War is, and the difference between Right to go to War, and Right Conduct during War. Both matters. And the Church knows Soldiers, now having gone to War, still need prayer help, the Sacraments etc, even as She tries to stop War and bring Peace.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abortion-Killing: The Silent Genocide: 2 Billion Deaths Victims Worldwide. - by Nishant Xavier - July 10, 2023 at 8:10 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2882 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7845 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it Nihilist Virus 330 32512 March 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Jeffrey Jay Lowder VICTIMs of Christian Apologetics video GrandizerII 7 2480 October 26, 2016 at 9:18 am
Last Post: abaris
  Abortion and ethics Dystopia 10 2318 June 28, 2014 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pro abortion or not JohnCrichton72 338 85238 March 21, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Atheists, the death penalty and abortion... ideologue08 511 191538 May 30, 2013 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Colanth
  New study on atheists' human rights worldwide Dee Dee Ramone 16 5794 December 14, 2012 at 11:10 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Religion New York Atheists Angry Over 'Heaven' Street Sign Honoring Sept. 11 Victims? MilesTailsPrower 4 3087 June 23, 2011 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Anymouse
  Virginia Ironside on abortion and euthanasia The Omnissiunt One 18 6590 October 10, 2010 at 8:02 am
Last Post: The Omnissiunt One