Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 10:25 am

Poll: If a god were real, could this god create a married bachelor?
This poll is closed.
Yes, a real god would not be bound by logic
0%
0 0%
No, any real god would be bound by logic
100.00%
2 100.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off?
RE: If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off?
Quote:I guess real life works the same as fiction, then?
That's another way to ask the same question, sure. If we're conceiving of gods as the author of all creation then they're as bound by shit like logic or physics as harry potter would be. Which is to say not at all. Does it or can it do the logically impossible? Why not..and if or when it did, well..that's just proof of it's divinity, right thur....isn't it?

Who but a god....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? - by The Grand Nudger - January 8, 2024 at 7:00 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 12189 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Are god and religion ways of saying "screw you" to nature? ShinyCrystals 18 1048 January 8, 2024 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4489 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3372 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11604 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6633 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I'd like to ask my fellow atheists if they would be happy to learn there was a god. Whateverist 88 16633 September 4, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Proof that God is not real? ComradeMeow 6 2536 August 5, 2017 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  I would believe in God if... Won2blv 65 8323 April 6, 2017 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Jeanne
  Matt Dilahunty On What Would Change His Mind About God Edwardo Piet 14 5218 January 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Cyberman