Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 11:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 'First Nations' have some explaining to do
RE: The 'First Nations' have some explaining to do
(February 29, 2012 at 12:28 am)popeyespappy Wrote: I like the Solutrean Hypothesis. Beyond the tools themselves I find the Northeast out spread of the technology according to dates of some of the sites very compelling evidence. I do understand though that many of the old dates are not well accepted by mainstream American archeology. It’s also my understanding that people looking at the genetics in the last few years have rejected that part of the hypothesis too. So I think the whole thing is far from a done deal at this point.

It would have also been nice if the article linked in the OP had cited some sources for the more recent claims. Min, do you know if the new book you linked is the source for some of that? If so has any of it been peer reviewed yet?

I haven't read it yet, Pap. It might be like Finkelstein's or Dever's books which are aimed at the general population but cite individual excavation reports which have gone through the peer review process.

Frankly, anyone who has actually read a genuine archaeological paper knows that they are not exactly page-turners. No one ever made a movie out of one of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 'First Nations' have some explaining to do - by Minimalist - February 29, 2012 at 11:54 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 554 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  "Idiot" Would Not Have Been My First Choice Minimalist 15 4074 July 10, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Good job, Nebraska! I think I'll have some celebratory corn tonight. Alex K 8 1646 May 28, 2015 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Are the USA and China "peace-loving nations"? Aractus 16 4673 January 30, 2013 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: Question Mark
  Due process possibly being abolished. Article & Petition Explaining. Handprint 23 5914 December 14, 2011 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist