Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm insane! Ask me a question! (Or six, or seven!)
RE: I'm insane! Ask me a question! (Or six, or seven!)
(May 3, 2010 at 2:10 pm)Caecilian Wrote: Yeah, you're right of course. Some insane people have delusions, some have hallucinations, and some poor fuckers (quite a few actually) have both.

True indeed. I've found mental health fascinating ever since I lost my marbles LOL

Quote:Re: staying sane
If you've been put on lithium, then I'd assume that you've been diagnosed as bipolar, or perhaps hypomanic (thats bipolar without the depression)- the fact that you had delusions of grandeur but not hallucinations is very consistent with this.

Very interesting... hypomanic? I've never even heard of that. My official diagnosis was acute psychosis but I'm often considered to probably have bi-polar... despite the fact I've never had any of the depressive side of it. And I've always found that really weird how I'm considered bi-polar when I've only had the 1 pole (the high, manic one). Hypomania? Interesting... I wonder why the fuck I wasn't diagnosed with that instead of Bi-Polar being the suggestion of what I probably have!

Quote: The prognosis for bipolar is actually pretty good- there are a large number of bipolar people out there with responsible jobs, families etc who function just fine as long as they take their lithium.

I only had one episode so I may never go like it again, and I had it reduced back to 600mg recently (my lithium that is) because the dosage was too high for my body now (the blood test revealed) since I've lost weight since I've been on the meds. I stopped my anti-pychotic and my sleeping pill like two and a half years ago now btw. Only for like the first 6 months I was on them.

If things go well I'd rather not be on Litihim for life, I'd rather have it reduced. Because I may never get ill again. And I'd hate going through my life feeling I had the chance to live without it but missed it. If I ever got ill again, I don't think I'd be at all as bad and I'd just go back on the meds and stick with it for the rest of my life probably.

Question for Sae: Is Starcraft your favourite game of all time?

EvF

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm insane! Ask me a question! (Or six, or seven!) - by Edwardo Piet - May 3, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (Quiz) Angrboda 33 2497 September 21, 2018 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Six degrees of Bacon game Joods 14 1426 March 9, 2017 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired? EruptedCarcassBloat 9 1586 October 11, 2016 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  If I could have six eyes Foxaèr 1 793 December 28, 2015 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ask a turtely turtle/Ask Evie Edwardo Piet 5 1761 December 19, 2015 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Lucasfilm's insane attitudes towards "piracy" Aractus 5 1625 December 3, 2015 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  ...And then there were seven :-/ Catholic_Lady 40 5611 October 18, 2015 at 4:55 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8917 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  INSANE optical illusion Mudhammam 13 3037 February 8, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Am i going insane... someone hold me (Starts shaking on the ground) Richi1 12 3552 December 28, 2013 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Violet