Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skype fucking ups
Skype fucking ups
Okay Skype was working absolutely fine for me for ages at first. Other than the fact it would crash occasionally but I would just relaunch it and it would be fine.

I am using my Microsoft Account to sync or with Skype, that is the Skype account I have always used and it has always been fine.

Up until recently. Recently I have only been able to send and recieve messags to two of my contacts, who appear as online... all the other contacts appear as offline and I can't send or receive messages to them. None of these contacts ever appear as online, away or busy, just offline. Occasionly for a couple of seconds they will appear online and then go right back to offline again.

I try to send messages, they won't receive. Nah I've not suddenly become extremely unpopular with all my Skype contacts apart from two that appear online LOL - it's definitely an error  for almost all Skype contacts... I can't send messages, the messages go to "sending" and never send.

Furthermore I can contact these friends via other means just fine when they are available to.

But lately it's become worse than this. I tried a simple update and a reinstall, that didn't work. I then googled about the error and the only other advise I could find was instead of just reinstalling - doing a full uninstsall then downloading the latest version and installing again....

...but now when I try to sign in it gives me the messages: "Sometimes the internet gets a bit sleepy and takes a nap. Make sure it's up and running then we'll give it another go."

So I can't even sign in now!! And of course, it's not my internet it's an error with my Skype: Because my internet works perfectly fine with everything else.

I can even sign into my microsoft account elsewhere, so it's not the account... also it's not because I'm signed into it already because I try signing out elsewhere and then signing into Skype and that doesn't work either.

I may have to resort to signing into my Microsoft Email and messagining my Skype contacts from there for the time being, because apparently you can do that. But that does mean no voice calls I think.

But just in the mean time... what I really would like is to get Skype working!!! So I appreciate the help in advance... any ideas?????

Messages In This Thread
Skype fucking ups - by Edwardo Piet - November 23, 2015 at 8:10 pm
RE: Skype fucking ups - by Foxaèr - November 23, 2015 at 8:11 pm
RE: Skype fucking ups - by Edwardo Piet - November 23, 2015 at 8:35 pm
RE: Skype fucking ups - by bennyboy - November 24, 2015 at 2:09 am
RE: Skype fucking ups - by Ludwig - November 26, 2015 at 2:48 pm
RE: Skype fucking ups - by Edwardo Piet - November 26, 2015 at 5:38 pm
RE: Skype fucking ups - by bennyboy - November 27, 2015 at 9:05 am
RE: Skype fucking ups - by Edwardo Piet - November 27, 2015 at 9:16 am
RE: Skype fucking ups - by dyresand - November 27, 2015 at 4:04 pm
RE: Skype fucking ups - by Edwardo Piet - November 27, 2015 at 4:11 pm
RE: Skype fucking ups - by dyresand - November 27, 2015 at 4:13 pm
RE: Skype fucking ups - by Heat - November 28, 2015 at 3:04 am
RE: Skype fucking ups - by Ludwig - November 28, 2015 at 7:12 am
RE: Skype fucking ups - by Edwardo Piet - November 28, 2015 at 8:48 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn, they're over 30 years old and sound FUCKING GREAT !! vorlon13 4 941 September 14, 2016 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fucking Windows 8/8.1 Edwardo Piet 143 10443 July 20, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Skype To Get Live Translation pocaracas 1 790 May 29, 2014 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Losty
  This Should Be Good For A Fucking Laugh Minimalist 3 1434 May 18, 2012 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused