Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 5:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth
RE: Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth
I used to buy creationism. But it was because I grew up in a muslim country where evolution has been kept out of schools for so long that my knowledge of it was limited to knowing the words "theory of evolution". And since no one ever talked about it I only heard of it once or twice in my entire life and dismissed it.

Then I went to university here in Toronto, did my required readings for a course on evolution, and it was immediately apparent that creationism is bullshit, and evolution is true.

The thing is, I don't think anyone can claim to think evolution is not sufficiently proven if they actually go learn about it. Unless they're being intellectually dishonest, and attempting to lie to themselves. Or you have a very high standard for evidence (which you cannot claim with a straight face if you believe in creationism).

If you really think evolution isn't real, don't debate with atheists, do yourself a favour and learn about what it really is. (If you're still waiting for transitional forms then you don't know what it really is, if you still think that gays are unexplained, and morals and alturism are unexplained, you don't know what evolution is.) If you don't trust scientists, fine, read 10 evolution books by scientists (who most probably dedicated their lives to their work), then read 10 creationism books by Christians (who dedicated their lives to convince you that your god is real). Then ask yourself what you really think happened. If you still intend to "convert" people into creationism by the end of that, at least you'll be well informed.

Messages In This Thread
Speaking of the god of the gaps - by A_Nony_Mouse - April 25, 2013 at 7:40 pm
RE: Speaking of the god of the gaps - by pocaracas - April 25, 2013 at 7:42 pm
RE: Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth - by pineapplebunnybounce - June 22, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darwin's Voyage on the Beagle, droll dramatization Alex K 2 840 September 17, 2016 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Scientific Debate: Why I assert that Darwin's theory of evolution is false Rob216 206 36562 November 10, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Darwin Proven Wrong? sswhateverlove 165 22261 September 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  My essay on evolution vs creation. Yahweh 11 4006 February 25, 2014 at 11:05 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Have you ever actually gone to "Answers in Genesis.com?" Boris Karloff 13 3221 February 9, 2014 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Did Darwin get it wrong? Zone 20 4655 September 19, 2013 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Researchers debunk myth of 'right-brain' and 'left-brain' personality traits CleanShavenJesus 11 5829 August 18, 2013 at 7:12 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Darwin Day KichigaiNeko 2 1479 February 8, 2013 at 8:25 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Evolution V Creation Zen Badger 168 65065 January 20, 2013 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Need some help refuting this creation argument... DaveSumm 25 9944 January 12, 2013 at 7:16 am
Last Post: Aractus