Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 2:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dates given by AOS for past events may actually disprove evolution entirely
RE: The dates given by AOS for past events may actually disprove evolution entirely
(October 8, 2013 at 6:43 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: You just have assumptions and live in denial.

No, I don't have, nor do I need, assumptions, because what I have is actual evidence that doesn't rely on an argument from (unparalleled) ignorance in order to function. Did you even read the articles?

Quote:Does the temple have a date on it? Like 11000 BC.

Just now, I wrote "Created 8-10-11000 BC" on a piece of paper; does that make the paper eleven thousand years old, you moron?

Quote:Prove it is 11,000 years old.

So you didn't read the article at all, hmm? For starters, radiocarbon dating (I'm awaiting your idiotic "there's no error bars" type response there) of surrounding civilizations place them at around the same time. In fact, there's this line from the article itself:

Quote:at a prehistoric village just 20 miles away, geneticists found evidence of the world's oldest domesticated strains of wheat; radiocarbon dating indicates agriculture developed there around 10,500 years ago, or just five centuries after Gobekli Tepe's construction.

Do you think that maybe these sheep herding, field tending people, with their own holy sites, were surprised when god started constructing the universe around them? How does the fact that there was life before god started doing that impact your religion's claims that he is the alpha and the omega? Or your claims that complex life needs a creator?

Perhaps the creator of these civilizations also created your god, and he was just copying the trend! ROFLOL

(October 8, 2013 at 6:59 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Error ranges are always quoted for any radiometrically calculated dates whenever published in official papers/sources. If a reporter subsequently chooses not to report those ranges, for whatever reason, that's the choice of the reporter; it does not mean the margins of error weren't calculated or that those who calculated were falsifying any data. If there were no margins of error calculated, the results would not get published in any worthwhile journal because they wouldn't get past peer review.

You're right, of course, but it doesn't matter: Grace didn't provide any sources for the dates she showed, so it just seems like she picked some numbers out of thin air, did the same with her error bars, and bullshitted her way to her conclusion.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The dates given by AOS for past events may actually disprove evolution entirely - by Esquilax - October 8, 2013 at 6:59 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10208 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 4007 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Lol the bible is actually ok with pedophilia, proof from passage Rarieo 80 23571 July 29, 2017 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christianity actually condones murder Rolandson 50 10280 January 21, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Truth in a story which is entirely dependent upon subjective interpretation Astonished 47 6558 January 10, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Catholicism would actually be the most likely controlled Christianity Rolandson 10 2048 January 1, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Redoubtable
  What do non-fundamentalist Christians actually believe? Fromper 66 24561 June 30, 2016 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  You Can't Disprove a Miracle Rhondazvous 155 16615 March 18, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Hi, I'm a Christian. Help Me Disprove My Religion! WishfulThinking 265 61286 October 11, 2015 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Question Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? Aractus 144 49973 October 9, 2015 at 6:38 am
Last Post: robvalue