Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 11:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intelligent Design: Did you design yourself?
RE: Intelligent Design: Did you design yourself?
(May 31, 2014 at 9:10 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Please drop the martyr act - Artur got himself temp banned for breach of our Prime Directive, General Forum Rule #1, despite being asked numerous times directly to respond and then acting like a complete dick and hurling out insults like confetti. This is a discussion forum, not his private blog. The rules apply to everyone, equally; theists included.

The rules apply to everyone is the official line....the reality is different. The reality is if I responded insult for insult, I or any argumentative theists would be labeled troll and quickly banned.

Its no big deal though Stimbo. This is an atheists forum. If argumentative theists want to discuss here....we got to play by your rules....even the unwritten ones.

Same would be true if you go to a religious forum.

(May 31, 2014 at 9:15 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Stupid ass posts like these is why you get called names. It was obvious to everyone except you, that Artur was a troll. He ignored some people completely and would not respond to some posts even after being prompted 4 or 5 times. At no point during his short stay here can the conversations we have had with him be called a 'discussion' or 'debate'. He would throw wild assertions around and refuse to provide evidence for them. His insults (though incredibly ignorant and disgusting) had very little to do with his temporary ban.
What a coincidence that the only person who does not recognize his trolling, is another Christian. It's almost like the two are linked somehow.

I pretty much ignore Esquilax and Whateverist and a few others completely because....well....they're dicks(IMO). If its a mod like Esquilax, I scan his posts to see if he is acting in capacity of a mod. If he isn't...he gets ignored. Other people, I make it point try to respond too because they are honest debaters, Rasetsu for instance.

When you are an argumentative theist, like Artur or myself, you get so many responses that you get to pick and choose who you respond too. I don't know Artur's circumstances, but I certainly don't have time to respond to everyone.....so I ignore the dicks. If you're going to have a discussion with me, you need for the most part be civil....otherwise your talking to a wall. I don't need you.

If Artur got sanctioned because he ignored people....technically I suppose that could happen to me too. I think he got tired of being called dipshit and such and decided to retaliate in kind. Then came the troll accusations...then came the ban.

The only reason I'm not saying it was a bad ban is because I really saw now cause for him to go after Broken Quill.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intelligent Design: Did you design yourself? - by Heywood - May 31, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2958 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Question How do you prove to everybody including yourself you're an atheist? Walter99 48 5683 March 23, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 5156 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Argument from "You did it wrong" zipperpull 13 2030 May 23, 2018 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Believers, put yourself in my place. Gawdzilla Sama 102 13339 November 23, 2016 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Why and How Did you Kill God? ScienceAf 67 11577 August 28, 2016 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Trick Yourself Into Believing In God LivingNumbers6.626 10 2506 July 21, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Intelligent Design Veritas 1021 160550 January 16, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  How did you become an atheist? Excited Penguin 256 33924 December 26, 2015 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Did your former religion ever make you feel broken? Cecelia 19 5510 November 11, 2015 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: abaris