Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 5:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are Dark Mtter and Consciousness different from Spirit?
RE: How are Dark Mtter and Consciousness different from Spirit?
(February 8, 2016 at 3:18 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(February 8, 2016 at 2:56 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: The spirit is a superstitious explanation of consciousness, which we now know to be a process of the brain, the soul has no basis in reality. Dark matter is a hypothesis to explain the lack of observable mass in the universe, we don't know what dark matter is, but we know 80% of the universe is composed of something unobservable, it's simply a matter of figuring out how it can be observed. Higgs Boson was a hypothesis, with as much basis in science as dark matter, it took a lot of work, but it was eventually confirmed. With science.
No one has ever demonstrated evidence for the existence of the soul, not through observation or postulation based on a credible hypothesis; this is because the idea is vague and unfalsifiable, no one has ever even defined what a soul is on paper, whereas people have formed credible ideas on what dark matter might be.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I want you to think more deeply about how you explain this.

If no one can observe dark matter or say what it is how is that different from spirit?  Everybody thinks the evidence they present to support their ideas is credible. I want you to show me why yours is. It’s not hard. Is the word “postulation” a clue?

You are a really nice person, but this is also why I highly recommend people read "The New Atheism" by Victor Stenger. He is correct in that book that science DOES have something to say about the "unseen".

Think about it, you cant see where the water goes down the drain of your tub, but you DO see the affects gravity has on the water. Same with a black hole. We do know through science formulas now, what goes on inside a black hole even though we cant see it with the naked eye. We do see the affects the black hole has on the material we do see it sucking in.

Dark matter is simply something we need to study, and we study it by what it does to the things it has an affect on. That is how we know it exists.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How are Dark Mtter and Consciousness different from Spirit? - by Brian37 - February 8, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark matter vs. MOND LinuxGal 3 570 August 23, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Rethinking Dark Matter/Dark energy.... Brian37 11 2521 January 26, 2018 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Newest super-sensitive test failed to catch a Dark Matter particle. Why? theBorg 40 6179 August 21, 2016 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  A dark bulb ErGingerbreadMandude 29 3041 July 11, 2016 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Jake Long
  Could this explian what Dark matter and Dark energy is? Blueyedlion 49 7458 June 13, 2016 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Does Dark Matter give merit to the Bible? wolfclan96 29 7727 March 19, 2015 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can Dark Matter be the energy source of the future - a rough estimate Alex K 2 1697 March 19, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Why is it Dark at Night? Kayenneh 5 2075 October 6, 2012 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Score one for dark matter popeyespappy 6 2268 January 11, 2012 at 1:05 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  No dark matter? Welsh cake 68 23091 September 9, 2011 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: little_monkey