Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there another motivation for christian belief?
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief?
(September 21, 2016 at 10:04 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(September 21, 2016 at 10:01 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: ^Right on.

The trouble is, none of you can explain what it is that you gain out of that bargain in any concrete terms. It's all just vague deepities or appeals to how believing makes one feel, which isn't exactly a good reason to believe a thing.

You don't have an explanation because I can ever remember you asking for one.

love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Are the fruits of the Spirit everyone shares. These attributes are indeed present in everyone, but again as i said in the above post, they have been turned up to a much larger measure than we can experience on our own.

Spiritual 'Fruit' are experienced by everyone who has obtain a measure of the Holy Spirit.

Next (if we use this fruit to serve God faithfully) Comes Spiritual gifts. These vary. In all seriousness and without boasting I feel like I can ask God anything and get an answer. from Religious/Spiritual things to practical business related things, to help figuring out technical stuff.

Example I was working on my sister's suv It was an isuzu or something like that. dual over head cam on a v-6. I was putting on a timming belt and I loosened the tensioner and the cams went in two different direction finding a natural spot where the least amount of pressure from the valves made the cam settle. So I changed everything I was supposed to, and went to re-time/clock the cams but could not find the factory reference markes on the timming cover or the cams. So i looked this up on line (as I don't normally like to get this deep in an engine.) Then I found out that the first 1000 SUV off the assembly line her model year were shipped without any timming marks. The fix? to replace all the timing components with ones marked. (which is just short of a complete engine rebuild.) So I asked God to help, and I sat there for a min, and look at the 4 cams and I literally saw the cams slowly move (not hooked up to anything) The first one move something like 3 clicks/teeth clock wise, the second 1 tooth counter the next 5 clicks counter and the next 2 clock wise. then I saw them move back to where the cams were orginally position. So I quickly wrote all of this down as It take some effort to move these cams. So I positioned them as I saw and retensioned the belt...

So what is the difference between a delusion and a vision?
Content, and accuracy.

I put the rest of the truck back together, and started it. with out pause hesitation spit or sputter it fired up. Checked the timing it was spot on.

I think for most people, you don't understand how critical valve timing is to an engine being a single tooth off on one cam could indeed destroy a whole engine. I set 4 cams based on only what I saw... I know this story is dismissable to anyone with the will to do so. But, if you have ever had the desire to ever know the truth. Imagine experiencing something like this for yourself. Then as you begin to trust and follow what you have been shown stuff like this keeps happening on a larger and larger scale. Till you get to a point where stuff like this happens everyday. Imagine if this kind of stuff happened to you on the scale I am talking about daily when you stayed the course, how strong your belief (not faith) would be.. Despite what other say or think.

So what do I get out of a relationship with God? First and foremost I know God is real and is watching out for me no matter how dark things get. I been given a large measure of 'Spiritual fruit,' and strong Spiritual Gifts. My prayers are directly answered. My petitions Get answered in such a way as I seldom ask for anything for me. Don't get me wrong, I like Paul has been given 'thorns in the flesh.' But I've also been given the ablity to see what and why/how these thorns benfit me. And because of that I accept them even at times welcome them when they save me from sin. As a result i rarly pray for specific things but i pray for "the process" I have seen be shown in other people's lives. As a result I have found contentment. Because i found contentment in what God has given me he has given much much more than I ever wanted or expected for myself to be a steward over.

Does this mean everyone is slated for the Drich path to Belief? For your sake i hope not. But eitherway Whatever God does for you will be Exactly what you need, when you need it and nothing more. More will be given only if you proove faithful to God.

Messages In This Thread
Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by brewer - September 19, 2016 at 4:43 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 11:10 am
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:07 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:11 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:54 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What seems to be the latest claim about end times belief Vintagesilverscreen 5 178 May 19, 2024 at 9:52 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1377 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why not dismiss the trinitarian belief outright R00tKiT 80 7761 August 13, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Another christian complains Foxaèr 6 1131 December 10, 2020 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90805 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Belief Catharsis 57 4431 March 24, 2019 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 22196 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
  The benefits of being christian. Where are there??? Dnte 212 35828 February 2, 2018 at 8:43 pm
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2906 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  My view of theism - theism analogous to belief in extra terrestrials joseph_ 4 1262 August 30, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Jarrey