Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 3:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there another motivation for christian belief?
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief?
(September 21, 2016 at 12:57 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(September 21, 2016 at 12:54 pm)Drich Wrote: Your either confused as to the definition of unfalsfiable, or confused to the nature of the items being proven false in the statement.

The statement was proven to be 'false' we the subject said he prayed to God for a personal healing. Again the issue here is not God as the subject for falsifying, God (for the subject) was falsified in what he identified as the prayer. Therefore the subject matter, (what is being falsified) has turned to the method in which God was falsified. (The prayer.)

So first question, did the subject if fact make a prayer when asking for a healing? Answer? No. We have only one example of a Christian prayer and it does not include a provision or place to asked to be healed. therefore we can not identify what the subject did as a prayer, but a petition. The difference God has promised to always answer prayer in the affirmative, but has not promised to do anything with a petition.

We have been given direction if we seek healing from an affliction, and the subject did not follow the command given by Christ. Rather he sought to skip what the bible says do, in favor of a direct petition as it seems that as a new 'believer' he thought himself in a position to demand such a thing/Offer a trade a miracle for allegiance. This indivisual mistook what God had promised us, doesn't know the difference between a petition and prayer, tried to leverage his faith with a favorable outcome from a petition, and gives up on God because he didn't get his wishes granted.

So just in case your intelligence is getting in the way again..

God was falsified to this person in unanswered prayer.

I proved his statement to be false because his falsification process was mislabeled. He said he prayed when he did not. (even if he thought it was prayer it was only a petition which receive a negitive response almost without fail when one does not approach God on a subject that clear instructions have been given.)

ROFLOL  Way to completely miss the point! Do you really think I give two shiny shits about your distinctions between prayer and petition?

Completely missed the point. He thinks I am a "new believer." And I am now thinking "why on earth was I praying for in the first place?" Sorry, but I am beginning to think that schizophrenia is in fact another name for religion (I present my excuses to those who suffer from this terrible disease.) The way I read it is this, "you should pray to god, but in reality god is not going to fucking help you", since it is false.

Messages In This Thread
Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by brewer - September 19, 2016 at 4:43 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 11:10 am
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:07 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:11 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:54 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by RobertE - September 21, 2016 at 1:01 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What seems to be the latest claim about end times belief Vintagesilverscreen 2 107 May 16, 2024 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1357 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why not dismiss the trinitarian belief outright R00tKiT 80 7622 August 13, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Another christian complains Foxaèr 6 1126 December 10, 2020 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90530 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Belief Catharsis 57 4358 March 24, 2019 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 22096 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
  The benefits of being christian. Where are there??? Dnte 212 35650 February 2, 2018 at 8:43 pm
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2891 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  My view of theism - theism analogous to belief in extra terrestrials joseph_ 4 1259 August 30, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Jarrey