Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 2:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there another motivation for christian belief?
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief?
(September 22, 2016 at 9:55 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
Drich Wrote:Your either confused as to the definition of unfalsfiable, or confused to the nature of the items being proven false in the statement.
When the same excuse works for explaining why praying to a teddy bear doesn't yield results, it's a good example o something that's unfalsifiable. Pray for the bear to cure your cold and it didn't cure your cold? Hey, you requested a cure from the bear, it's just that the answer was 'no'. It's set up so that no matter what happens, the power of the bear can't be disproven. And you've taken the same approach with God.

Again, PRAYING ALWAYS YIELDS POSITIVE RESULTS!!!

What I've pointed out that what we think of praying is not always prayer.

Jesus Narrowly defined Prayer. If you are not praying with the Outline Jesus defins then what you are doing is not praying to the God of the Bible, but praying to your own construct that you may or may not believe is the God of the Bible.

Most people think prayer is a formal wishing ceremony which it is not.

The "wishing ceremony" is identified as Petitioning God. "Dear God i want _________ For all these good reasons... Jesus Name I pray Amen." that is a petition not a prayer.

Prayer is about having God work with you directly so you may see, hear and experience Him. It is about changing ourselves to fit his desires, not a way for us to change His mind. "Dear God use my pain or my short commings so that I may see you, Hear you, and have you work in my life. Jesus Name I pray Amen. That would be content found in a prayer. Not Lord take away my issue, but Lord use my issue, If this is my lot help me accept it. Change my will and allow me to adopt your will. That is at the heart of Prayer.

That is why I said Prayer always works and it is a way to falsify God.

Messages In This Thread
Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by brewer - September 19, 2016 at 4:43 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 11:10 am
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:07 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:11 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:54 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 22, 2016 at 1:23 pm
RE: Is there another motivation for christian belief? - by Drich - September 21, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What seems to be the latest claim about end times belief Vintagesilverscreen 2 107 May 16, 2024 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1357 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why not dismiss the trinitarian belief outright R00tKiT 80 7621 August 13, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Another christian complains Foxaèr 6 1126 December 10, 2020 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90530 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Belief Catharsis 57 4358 March 24, 2019 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Are there any Christian proselytizers left in this subforum? Jehanne 157 22096 October 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm
  The benefits of being christian. Where are there??? Dnte 212 35648 February 2, 2018 at 8:43 pm
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2891 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  My view of theism - theism analogous to belief in extra terrestrials joseph_ 4 1259 August 30, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Jarrey