Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason
RE: Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason
(February 3, 2017 at 3:27 am)Rispri Wrote:
(February 3, 2017 at 3:06 am)robvalue Wrote: I find that religious belief just makes everything really fucked up, you know?

Of course we lust, that's how we evolved. It's just how things are.

But suddenly, instead, we were designed to lust and then expected to suppress it. This is some sick mad scientist shit.

I've heard it said before that religion uses sexual subjects to control people because it's one of the most primal urges. If you can make people ashamed of themselves, and feel they need to be "fixed", you can sell them the cure.

Sexual degenerates is just as bad as overprotective people. I am more in favour of learning from mistakes. Prodigal son is one of them.

I have no idea what this means. Judging by your posts, you seem to have proved my point. Religion has shamed you into thinking sex is wrong.

Quote:In either way a study shows people who have sex too much are more depressed than people who have less.

Can we see this study please?

Anyhow, doing anything "too much" is problematic. By definition! That's not an argument against it. We don't either have zero lust or infinite lust; this is binary thinking. You seem to suggest people in general have no self control, and can't have some sex without doing it all the time. That's just not reality.

Quote:There is a reason for why the bible says "Abusers of man kind" this is more a case of psychological abuse, consent or not it has the same effect when not feeling loved but used, even if you are married or not. If anything you guys have been fooled by marxist leader Herbert Marcuse being the founder of sexual revolution or liberation.

I have no idea what you're talking about again. I've never heard of that guy. You seem to have personal issues with sex. Why are you telling people how they feel after having sex? Neither I, nor anyone I've had sex with, has ever felt this way as far as I know.

You see sex as psychological abuse? That's just plain scary. I would like to see your sources to support this claim. I hope it's more than quotes from the bible. And consider this: you believe in a God who decided that the way his creations would reproduce would be through psychological abuse? What does that say about God?

Quote:More people are getting obese and lazy compared to people in the 50s.

Completely irrelevant.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason - by robvalue - February 3, 2017 at 4:24 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2356 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  the nature of sin Drich 137 18690 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1676 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Good" & "Bad" Christians? Fake Messiah 153 9960 August 27, 2019 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2366 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Bad News For Evangelicals Minimalist 62 6467 November 15, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4807 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6218 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3098 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 30048 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear