Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Debunking Christian Psuedoscience
Debunking Christian Psuedoscience
If this has been posted, my apology. I was debating with a theist on religion and he told me "the more science finds out, the more it proves the bible is true!". Of course I shit a brick, because as you are aware science has been in utter conflict with the bible since Copernicus disproved the theory of heliocentrism. I asked if he was joking.

He then directed me to this site:

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

I'm at a complete loss for words. It's like selective quoting at its best. Some of the examples are beyond obvious too, such as "The Bible describes the Earth’s crust correctly with science!". Gee, I'd hope they at least got that right. But then it quotes some generic biblical phrase and tries to tie it to science in a rather comical way.

edit: Oh jeez

Quote:Since humans are in the Bible, we unconsciously think that dinosaurs were extinct—and therefore not mentioned in the Bible. As you have just seen, the Bible not only refers to dinosaurs, but has detailed information about two of them.

Unfortunately, our public school system and the media have convinced us that dinosaurs were extinct at least 60 million years before man appeared on earth. They have done such a good job in this area that we can not imagine people and dinosaurs living at the same time. The fact is that dinosaurs were created no more than one day before mankind, not many millions of years earlier—and we have evidence to support that statement. Click here to see our Creation and Evolution page, and a link to many sites that fully prove this.

/facepalm

No wonder many Christians (but not all or necessarily even most) don't understand the scientific process. They're given junk psuedoscience like this that has no credibility, and no peer review. To call this stuff science is a farce and a slap in the face to the scientific method.
E.T. Ogre
Apologizing in advance for the stupidity of our species
RE: Debunking Christian Psuedoscience
I've always had problems with this one:
Quote:He hangs the earth on nothing.
Firstly, the "vacuum" of space is hardly a vacuum at all. It's just very low pressure given the amount of particles in it.

Secondly, if anything can be said to "hang" the Earth, it would be the Sun. The Sun's gravitational pull (which you can describe as a kind of string connected the two bodies) is what keeps the Earth in orbit.
(May 20, 2009 at 3:33 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Secondly, if anything can be said to "hang" the Earth, it would be the Sun. The Sun's gravitational pull (which you can describe as a kind of string connected the two bodies) is what keeps the Earth in orbit.

Yeah I've heard bollocks like that, the Earth is a circle blah, blah, blah ... I usually respond by telling them the Earth is not a circle, it's a sphere and if they try to claim it says that I tell them it's rather more technically correct to say it's an oblate spheroid, LOL.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Quote:Yet, no scientific, provable evidence supporting the theory of evolution has emerged since Charles Darwin popularized it in 1859.

BWHAHAHA!!!

ROFLOL
(May 21, 2009 at 2:44 am)lrh9 Wrote:
Quote:Yet, no scientific, provable evidence supporting the theory of evolution has emerged since Charles Darwin popularized it in 1859.

BWHAHAHA!!!

ROFLOL

I think that's an appropriate response.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
(May 21, 2009 at 5:30 am)Demonaura Wrote:
(May 21, 2009 at 2:44 am)lrh9 Wrote:

BWHAHAHA!!!

ROFLOL

I think that's an appropriate response.

I agree, quite a humouros quote.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
I, quite obviously, concur.

EvF
As always, the Christians are doing what they do best; claiming credit for every advancement in humanity and telling everyone else that, in fact, through some washed up, terribly forced connection, they're great and good and ultimately right.

They just try and object to any scientific possibility, then when its finally proven, they say 'oh! it coincides with the Bible! And WE HELPED!'. I find this Christian attitude detestable.
~We, the atheist, in creating a purpose for ourselves where there was none, are greater than God himself.~
Unbelievable. First thing I read was about dinosaurs.

Quote:Dinosaurs are referred to in several Bible books. The book of Job describes two dinosaurs. One is described in chapter 40 starting at verse 15, and the other in chapter 41 starting at verse 1.

Job 40:15 - "Look at the behemoth[a], which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox."
[a] Possibly the hippopotamus or the elephant.

Job 40:1 - ""Can you pull in the leviathan[a] with a fishhook or tie down his tongue with a rope? "
[a] Possibly the crocodile

*http://www.biblegateway.com | NIV Translation

I swear some christians would make good comedians Big Grin Pity their serious.
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability." Oscar Wilde
My Blog | Why I Don't Believe in God
Pity they're serious? Well yeah...shame they ACTUALLY believe that shit....

But - if you're talking about funny....the fact that they're actually serious is what makes it so funny!!!

Haha!

Tongue

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunking the "God is Beyond Time" xtian response drfuzzy 44 7259 April 25, 2017 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Debunking the Flat Earth Society. bussta33 24 5080 February 9, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Debunking atheists on christians not following the law of moses Rokchan 42 10466 October 29, 2014 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Anyone want to have some fun debunking this crap? Ziploc Surprise 3 1934 October 13, 2012 at 12:02 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Anyone want to take a stab at debunking this "miracle"? Ziploc Surprise 33 15738 April 20, 2012 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: simplexity
  James Randi's next grand debunking Rokcet Scientist 22 10012 February 24, 2012 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Debunking Science Myths Illogical Nitpicker 10 4319 January 25, 2011 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Ashendant