Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Stupidity to Make 5th Sigh
More Stupidity to Make 5th Sigh
Will the missus mind an extra maid in the house? Because I'm about done with my country.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/nyc-scho...x-20120326
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: More Stupidity to Make 5th Sigh
..............................................................................................Undecided
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Urgh god, we have that kind of crap too, the pc'ness here is quite overbearing too. But yes, there is always room in Chez 5th for hottiness. Big Grin
Quote:Dinosaurs, for example, call to mind evolution, which might upset fundamentalists; birthdays are not celebrated by Jehovah's Witnesses; and Halloween suggests paganism.

Even "dancing" is taboo, because some sects object. But the city did make an exception for ballet.

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Next they'll be getting rid of meat in the cafeteria, because it might offend vegetarians.
Then they'll get rid of paper, because it might upset tree huggers.
Eventually, everything gets banned, and the kids can only stand in a sterile, white room where nothing is ever discussed.

Our education system is in shambles, and this is what they waste their resources on? We should just sign our status as a first wold nation over right now.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:Dinosaurs, for example, call to mind evolution, which might upset fundamentalists

Those fuckers should be upset. First magnitude assholes, every one of them.
Math offends me, as does not getting 100% on every test. If this is my precedent... my plan could well work Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(March 26, 2012 at 3:23 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Will the missus mind an extra maid in the house? Because I'm about done with my country.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/nyc-scho...x-20120326

What the hell? Summer, get your sexy arse over here.
What a bunch of brain dead, easily offended pricks. You can't possibly please everyone. Trying to please everyone and avoid offending the completely brain dead is like walking through a forest without stepping on a twig.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I'm trying not to give up and marry you for citizenship, but it gets harder and harder every day.

However, did you see the asinine responses from an English citizen on my "I need a beer" G+ post? I wanted to throttle him.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 26, 2012 at 4:36 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I'm trying not to give up and marry you for citizenship, but it gets harder and harder every day.

However, did you see the asinine responses from an English citizen on my "I need a beer" G+ post? I wanted to throttle him.

I'd marry you, Summer. If only we had the money. Wink

Yeah I've just seen that G+ post. Wow. Don't blame you.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Almost A Sigh of Relief AFTT47 31 2257 November 8, 2016 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Make stupidity illegal bladevalant546 20 3536 August 28, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  TEXAS - Stupidity Still Reigns Minimalist 3 1294 November 22, 2013 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Rahul
  "Show Me" state shows its collective stupidity Cato 0 1159 August 10, 2012 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Santorum trying to make himself even more unelectable Doubting Thomas 22 9706 March 23, 2012 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Sigh......... Minimalist 43 7511 February 28, 2012 at 9:35 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Obama, the Republican 5th Column? DeistPaladin 65 18405 December 15, 2010 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn