Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost A Sigh of Relief
Almost A Sigh of Relief
It's about 11:00 PM on the US east coast on 11-7-2016 and 538.com predicts > 70% chance for Hillary Clinton to win the presidency of the United States tomorrow. Man, I hope they're right. I'm an old man (57) so the election won't affect me much personally but when I'm laying on my death bed, I really want to have comforting thoughts that my species is headed in the right direction. That desire would be furthered by having Hillary Clinton rather than Donald Trump leading the most powerful nation on the planet in 2017 and beyond.

Man, I'll be glad when this is over.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Almost A Sigh of Relief
Yeah, I'm about electioned-out.

(November 8, 2016 at 12:21 am)AFTT47 Wrote: It's about 11:00 PM on the US east coast on 11-7-2016 and 538.com predicts > 70% chance for Hillary Clinton to win the presidency of the United States tomorrow. Man, I hope they're right. I'm an old man (57) so the election won't affect me much personally but when I'm laying on my death bed, I really want to have comforting thoughts that my species is headed in the right direction. That desire would be furthered by having Hillary Clinton rather than Donald Trump leading the most powerful nation on the planet in 2017 and beyond.

Man, I'll be glad when this is over.

If 538 is saying more than 70%, then that's some good news then. They've been a little too pessimistic about Hillary compared to other prediction sites.
And if you look at the curve,

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016...id=rrpromo

the trend looks like it could go further up significantly until just before voting starts, even if we don't see it because there are no polls no more to feed 538s machine.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yeah, the popular vote looks solid. The election is really about 50 individual elections though. That looks good too so we're probably okay but - damn. Too close for comfort. There are a lot of idiots out there and they're organized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LBasxQ9Nyc
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I don't believe any odds or polls or anything I read. It's not over til it's over. I won't believe anything until we get actual vote counts.

I am a nervous wreck about it. I cannot freaking wait to cast my vote.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
I'm just happy that it's almost over.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Quote:I really want to have comforting thoughts that my species is headed in the right direction.

If Drumpf gets more than 40% of the vote I will regard this nation as totally fucking fucked.
70% is scary low Panic

That means there's a more than 1 in 4 fucking chance that that Orange cunt is gonna win.

It's certainly not over yet.
I have to ask it though, what would Bill Clinton be called? Would we have a "First Gentleman"?
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christianity as religious institution in politics over islamic is sadly almost better Kimba02 3 304 April 11, 2019 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Succubus
  The $60M "Mistake"- it's almost orgasmic! Fireball 8 733 October 3, 2018 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Almost Makes Me Pine for Reagan's Astrologer Minimalist 6 922 November 28, 2017 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  WikiLeaks publishes searchable database of almost 20,000 emails from DNC. Tiberius 202 19702 July 29, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Better Hurry Up, Obama....Jade Helm is almost over Minimalist 3 994 September 15, 2015 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Almost 20% of American women have been raped! downbeatplumb 23 9121 June 2, 2013 at 11:20 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Did Rick Santorum almost call Barack Obama a nigger? Tiberius 24 10629 April 1, 2012 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman
  More Stupidity to Make 5th Sigh thesummerqueen 14 5200 March 26, 2012 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Sigh......... Minimalist 43 7509 February 28, 2012 at 9:35 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Almost Everything Wrong With This Fucking Country Summed Up Minimalist 8 2426 August 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn