Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So lemme get this straight
So lemme get this straight
[Image: So%20let%20me%20get%20this%20straight......1333850130]
RE: So lemme get this straight
Even weirder, if you believe in the trinity, he made a woman pregnant with himself.
Absolute Righteousness Condemns you, Christ takes the condemnation of absolute righteousness for you.

Also, "God" is a title and not a name. For instance their is one God in three personages. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Three distinct separate but equal personalities equate to one God. Just Like there are three branches of one government in the United States.
(April 9, 2012 at 8:11 am)Drich Wrote: Absolute Righteousness Condemns you, Christ takes the condemnation of absolute righteousness for you.

Also, "God" is a title and not a name. For instance their is one God in three personages. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Three distinct separate but equal personalities equate to one God. Just Like there are three branches of one government in the United States.

It'd be a lot simpler to not condemn anyone at all, then your god wouldn't have to hack parts of himself off.

Yes, apparently, Jesus saved us from his brutal, woman raping, child killing, city burning, soul damning father whose vengeance mostly manifests itself as vindictive childish revenge - thanks to an over-inflated ego, a grudge with Adam & Eve and a massive rage problem.

Yahweh is a dick and his son was spawned in order to save face.

[Image: Evolution.png]

(April 9, 2012 at 9:13 am)Cinjin Wrote: Yahweh is a dick

When Phil Plait said don't be a dick was he speaking to god?
(April 9, 2012 at 8:11 am)Drich Wrote: Absolute Righteousness Condemns you, Christ takes the condemnation of absolute righteousness for you.

So Christ is not absolute righteousness and seeks to thwart absolute righteousness?
(April 9, 2012 at 8:11 am)Drich Wrote: Also, "God" is a title and not a name. For instance their is one God in three personages. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Three distinct separate but equal personalities equate to one God. Just Like there are three branches of one government in the United States.

So son checks and balances the father? And the holy spirit interprets the son? And where is the executive document specifying the roles of the father, son and holy spirit as the three separate part of the indivisible god?

Christianity would have been laughable were it not for the fact that Christians are even more laughable.
In religion, faith is a virtue. It takes more faith to believe something that's unbelievable, therefore more virtuous. The religion that makes the most unbelievable claims gets to claim that it has the most virtuous followers. Christianity in the form of Catholicism and Protestantism was in the lead for a long time, but of late they've been overtaken by Christianity in the form of Mormonism, which adds another layer of unbelievability on top of what Christianity already had.
Passive aggressive.

"I love you, it's all chill dude, we can work out our differences, NOW LOVE ME BACK YOU MOTHERFUCKER OR I'LL BURN YOU! I love you, please believe me, please believe me, I'LL BURN YOUR GODDAMNED CHILDREN YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

I dated a girl like that once. Dumped that garbage, why would I want that in an everlasting relationship with a supremely powerful cosmic being (especially one which is decidedly male, sorry Christ old buddy, I'm just not hot for the fellas at the moment..)? No thanks, I'll pass.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 9, 2012 at 10:30 am)Rhythm Wrote: Passive aggressive.

"I love you, it's all chill dude, we can work out our differences, NOW LOVE ME BACK YOU MOTHERFUCKER OR I'LL BURN YOU! I love you, please believe me, please believe me, I'LL BURN YOUR GODDAMNED CHILDREN YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

I dated a girl like that once. Dumped that garbage, why would I want that in an everlasting relationship with a supremely powerful cosmic being (especially one which is decidedly male, sorry Christ old buddy, I'm just not hot for the fellas at the moment..)? No thanks, I'll pass.

Did your ex-girlfriend also claim you were going to burn in hell for all eternity if you didn't believe in her? Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your story straight LinuxGal 1 957 November 29, 2022 at 5:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let me get this straight... dyresand 92 16052 October 12, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Let's get the fact's straight dyresand 74 11451 July 10, 2015 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Catholics Get More Despicable as they get Minimalist 26 11143 April 14, 2010 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Violet