Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's Most Appalling Act
God's Most Appalling Act
I'm not sure that any group could ever truly label the christian god's most appalling act, but this one is definitely in the top three for me. Maybe it's because I have a son - I'm not sure.

[Image: 1.jpg]

Whats really disturbing is that the sheep actually celebrate this event. As if it's something to be proud of. (This picture is actually linked from a religious site)

"Hallelujah, our all-knowing god tested Abraham in the most sadistic way possible, and knowing full well what the outcome would be ... did it anyway." Nevermind the mental and emotional damage inflicted on a child or the pain it would have caused a father that truly loved his little boy. Nope god don't give a shit. He's so self absorbed, that he's willing to pick people out and amuse himself with their suffering.

So .. do you have a picture of what you think god's most appalling act is???

Christianity is evil and it should be pointed out as such. Can we find a picture of bears mauling children with the words God's Perfect Justice on it??

There's lots of atrocities to choose out of that evil book they call the Bible.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: God's Most Appalling Act
I agree - I've always wondered what people find so great about that story. Like the kid wouldn't have major issues knowing his Dad was more than happy to murder him based on the urgings of the voice in his head?

Disgusting. I have a son also, and if I heard a voice telling me to sacrifice him, I'd be booking myself into the loony bin ASAP. Or killing myself. Either way, I wouldn't consider it for a second!

Have you ever noticed when you bring this story up to believers and ask them what they would do if god told them to kill their child, you generally get a response something along the lines of "God wouldn't ask anyone to do that these days" Really? And why not?
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
A father had the right to sacrifice his children to God if he wanted. This is a lot older than Abraham, pagans did this as well. I can't see any problem. This is what sacrifice is all about. I suppose it is not politically correct now. The state rules the family not the father. The state makes abortion ok instead.
(April 14, 2012 at 5:10 am)Kratos Wrote: A father had the right to sacrifice his children to God if he wanted. This is a lot older than Abraham, pagans did this as well. I can't see any problem. This is what sacrifice is all about. I suppose it is not politically correct now. The state rules the family not the father. The state makes abortion ok instead.

So you think sacrificing your child to an imaginary god is acceptable??

Ok, backing away slowly, careful not to make any sudden moves.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 14, 2012 at 5:10 am)Kratos Wrote: A father had the right to sacrifice his children to God if he wanted. This is a lot older than Abraham, pagans did this as well. I can't see any problem. This is what sacrifice is all about. I suppose it is not politically correct now. The state rules the family not the father. The state makes abortion ok instead.

Really? Confusedhock: It's not 'politically correct' to murder your offspring?

Wow. Just wow.

You're disgusting.
"No-one who decides that scientific evidence is not for him and that his own experience or the stories of others is the be all and end all of deciding what's true ever has the right to call people searching for reliable, repeatable evidence narrow-minded. That is hypocrisy of the most laughable kind." Derren Brown - Tricks of the Mind.
(April 14, 2012 at 4:06 am)Cinjin Wrote: Can we find a picture of bears mauling children with the words God's Perfect Justice on it??

[Image: she-bears.jpg]

You can photoshop the words onto it.
Biblically speaking he created the crapsack reality and dragged all the other fictional characters into existence to experience their crappy lot in life. Binding them to his nightmare either praising him forever at his footstool or burning forever in Hell. You can't screw up an act any more than Yahweh/Allah already has done.

(April 14, 2012 at 5:10 am)Kratos Wrote: A father had the right to sacrifice his children to God if he wanted. This is a lot older than Abraham, pagans did this as well. I can't see any problem. This is what sacrifice is all about.
Don't ever have children.

You don't deserve them.
Where does killing the entire human population of the planet (except for the incestuous 8) fit in on the appalling scale?
On a related note, when are Christians ever going to learn the GIGO principle and apply it to the bible? The GIGO principle says "garbage in, garbage out". IOW, when a Christian reads the garbage in the bible (genocide, hatred, intolerance, racism, slavery, incest, etc...) that is what is going to come out of a Christian eventually....oh wait a sec....it already has. Guess Christians are really screwed.

...If I ever meet you in person I'm going to disembowel you. ._.

If someone ever offers you some Kool-Aid... you should drink it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women Rhondazvous 17 4076 May 17, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: abaris
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12454 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Priest Caught in The Act!!! Rahul 12 3847 September 21, 2013 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Most so called Christians have invented their own "God" that they worship TheGoodwillingAtheist 45 17414 June 12, 2013 at 8:26 am
Last Post: TheGoodwillingAtheist
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6705 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad