Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedo priests in OZ
Pedo priests in OZ
I found this report on Australian Atheist forum:

Quote:CONFIDENTIAL police reports have detailed the suicides of at least 40 people sexually abused by Catholic clergy in Victoria, and have urged a new inquiry into these and many other deaths suspected to be linked to abuse in the church.
In a damning assessment of the church’s handling of abuse issues, the reports say it appears the church has known about a shockingly high rate of suicides and premature deaths but has "chosen to remain silent."
Written by Detective Sergeant Kevin Carson, the reports state that while conducting lengthy inquiries into paedophile clergy, investigators have discovered "an inordinate number of suicides which appear to be a consequence of sexual offending.

linky:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/church...z1rra1HIhf
RE: Pedo priests in OZ
Doing God's Work

/sarcasm
Those priests should be put up against a wall in front of a firing squad dressed like the Village people and the Power Rangers and shoot for what they done.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
It would be too good for them Gooders.

I AM fond of the "Old Piano wire" method Tongue (Turning Baritones into Sopranos for thousands of years Angel)
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Absolutely sickening! & what's worse is many churches either deny & even attempt to cover it up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10407559
Not only that, but Christians in general either deny or attempt to cover it up. Or, if they actually do accept that sexual abuse occurred, blow it off as "one or two bad apples."
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Quote:CONFIDENTIAL police reports have detailed the suicides of at least 40 people sexually abused by Catholic clergy in Victoria,

It does, however, give a whole new slant on the term "down under."
The Catholic church has a lot of money stored up in many, many, works of art. I think they ought to sell them to raise the money to compensate the victims. I know it wouldn't make right what they did but they still need to take responsibility for their actions. Call it penance.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Quote:The Catholic church has a lot of money stored up in many, many, works of art. I think they ought to sell them to raise the money to compensate the victims.

Not enough art to pay a fair compensation to tens of thousands of victims.. However, the church still owns about half of Italy.Thinking
Quote:I AM fond of the "Old Piano wire" method (Turning Baritones into Sopranos for thousands of years Angel)

They did not have piano wire in ancient times.They used two large rocks .The Romans used bricks..

"Ferrrk!" I hear you say "didn't that HURT?" Not at all,as long you kept your thumbs on top.Tiger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2000 Australia priests reject breaking seal of confession... SYZ 7 1649 September 23, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  priests, parasites of society jebus 54 6735 October 23, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence. Greatest I am 3 1367 February 26, 2016 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Greatest I am
  The connection between Catholic priests and Muhammadan pedo gangs? ReptilianPeon 18 6494 May 17, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Gay priests' dating forum uncovered in the Vatican Gooders1002 10 5196 June 23, 2013 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  ...He must have turned on the priests. AthiestAtheist 6 3615 February 7, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist