Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the UK
Hello from the UK
Howdy,

I've stumbled upon this forum after looking for an active atheist forum. I've always been an athiest even though there was an attempt at a religious upbringing in my early years (singing, holding an orange with a candle in it, not really having a clue why I was there).

I'm a big fan of all things science and I'm currently studying towards a physics degree with the Open University. My inspirations are few (some are below) but there's definitely a theme...
  1. Richard Dawkins
  2. Lawrence M. Krauss
  3. Brian Cox
  4. Stephen Fry
  5. Stephen Hawkins
I also run a local astronomy forum for the East Midlands area in the UK. I own a nice 12inch Dobsonian scope and spend a lot of time in the garden with it. The neighbours all think I am odd.

I look forward to getting to know some folk. Hopefully I will like it here!

P.S. I love the comments on the hall of shame, clearly the protagonists were not intelligently designed.
RE: Hello from the UK
Hi and welcome along to our little club Big Grin

BTW, did you mean to say 'nothing but reason and science' in your religious views?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hello Smile

(April 22, 2012 at 5:25 pm)Darwinian Wrote: BTW, did you mean to say 'nothing but reason and science' in your religious views?

Yes... Never register for a forum when you're tired! Tongue
Howdy fellow Midlander, even if it is the East side!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 22, 2012 at 5:23 pm)The Heff Wrote: Stephen Hawkins
Clearly not much of an inspiration if you can't even spell his name correctly. Tongue

Welcome to the forums. Smile
A fellow East Midlander! Welcome Big Grin

Which part of the East Midlands are you from?
(April 22, 2012 at 5:30 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(April 22, 2012 at 5:23 pm)The Heff Wrote: Stephen Hawkins
Clearly not much of an inspiration if you can't even spell his name correctly. Tongue

Welcome to the forums. Smile

Ha! See.... TIRED! Truce
Hello there.

Pick a fundie and start kicking. Preferably in the balls.
(April 22, 2012 at 5:31 pm)tobie Wrote: A fellow East Midlander! Welcome Big Grin

Hey tobie,

I live in a small village called Awsworth, not far from Ikea at J26 of the M1. What about you?

(April 22, 2012 at 5:33 pm)The Heff Wrote:
(April 22, 2012 at 5:31 pm)tobie Wrote: A fellow East Midlander! Welcome Big Grin

Hey tobie,

I live in a small village called Awsworth, not far from Ikea at J26 of the M1. What about you?

I live in a small village called Langtoft, about 10 miles north of Peterborough.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates