Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God On Trial
God On Trial
(Hope this hasn't come up before. The search I did came up empty but I may have missed something.)

This isn't easy to watch but it is powerful, moving and in my opinion required viewing. From the video description:

Quote:God on Trial is a 2008 BBC/WGBH Boston television play written by Frank Cottrell Boyce, starring Antony Sher, Rupert Graves and Jack Shepherd. The play takes place in Auschwitz during World War II. The Jewish prisoners put God on trial in absentia for abandoning the Jewish people. The question is if God has broken his covenant with the Jewish people by allowing the Nazis to commit genocide.

The play is based on an event described by Elie Wiesel in his book The Trial of God, though Boyce describes this tale as "apocryphal". According to Boyce, producer Mark Redhead "had been trying to turn the story into a film for almost 20 years by the time he called me in 2005 to write the screenplay."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5caAug5n8Zk?rel=0

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1173494/
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: God On Trial
I watched this about a year ago. I agree. It is a very good film.
RE: God On Trial
If I'm on the jury god gets the max.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Lord is not on Trial Here Today pineapplebunnybounce 4 1411 November 30, 2013 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: freedomfromforum
  Intelligent Design on Trial Oldandeasilyconfused 4 1475 January 17, 2012 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  God on Trial Dotard 4 2173 June 2, 2009 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet