Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hello I'am 21 years old from the UK but I'am now living in North Cyprus I'v just newly become an Atheist and look forward to having intellectual discussion rather than haring fairy tales all the time Tongue

My dad runs a small business selling and putting up ready garage doors and I help him out now and then, I'am a pretty chilled back guy that likes gaming and going out every now and then.

After my new found belief of nothing Big Grin I set out to find a dedicated forum for it and here I'am Smile
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it
is called insanity. When many people suffer
from a delusion it is called religion.”
RE: Hello
Welcome to the forums Wink
(July 14, 2012 at 5:28 am)Vorith Wrote: After my new found belief of nothing

Atheism isn't a belief of anything at all, even of nothing. It's a disbelief Wink

I think it's always important to make that distinction. Otherwise, welcome and have fun Smile
Howdy!
Cunt
(July 14, 2012 at 5:28 am)Vorith Wrote: Hello I'am 21 years old from the UK but I'am now living in North Cyprus I'v just newly become an Atheist and look forward to having intellectual discussion rather than haring fairy tales all the time Tongue

My dad runs a small business selling and putting up ready garage doors and I help him out now and then, I'am a pretty chilled back guy that likes gaming and going out every now and then.

After my new found belief of nothing Big Grin I set out to find a dedicated forum for it and here I'am Smile

I enjoy intellectual discussions as well. Can you share your reasons for not believing in God? (warning: I do)
(July 14, 2012 at 10:28 am)Jeffonthenet Wrote:
(July 14, 2012 at 5:28 am)Vorith Wrote: Hello I'am 21 years old from the UK but I'am now living in North Cyprus I'v just newly become an Atheist and look forward to having intellectual discussion rather than haring fairy tales all the time Tongue

I enjoy intellectual discussions as well. Can you share your reasons for not believing in God? (warning: I do)

Well mate I know this may sound abit cheesy but I just had one of them "oh shit" moments and said to my self "really this is really my life with all the facts in front of me" and even though I knew alot about Atheism I started to study it and just become one I guess.

(July 14, 2012 at 8:19 am)Napoleon Wrote:
(July 14, 2012 at 5:28 am)Vorith Wrote: After my new found belief of nothing

Atheism isn't a belief of anything at all, even of nothing. It's a disbelief Wink

I think it's always important to make that distinction. Otherwise, welcome and have fun Smile

Ye of courseSmile

Also thanks everyone for the welcome !
Quote:Well mate I know this may sound abit cheesy but I just had one of them "oh shit" moments and said to my self "really this is really my life with all the facts in front of me" and even though I knew alot about Atheism I started to study it and just become one I

I appreciate you sharing Smile I had one of those too when I became an atheist. If you want to read more about it I wrote an article on it. Just a warning though, I think some people feel like they are being proselytized when the read it, but that was not really my intention in writing it. http://sententias.org/2012/01/04/evoluti...ar-violin/
"After my new found belief of nothing"

Atheism just means you don't believe in a god or gods. It can still include a belief in the supernatural.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(July 14, 2012 at 11:59 am)Polaris Wrote: "After my new found belief of nothing"

Atheism just means you don't believe in a god or gods. It can still include a belief in the supernatural.

With all due respect it really seems to me that this is just a way to evade any burden of proof for the absolute claim to know that there is no God(s).
(July 14, 2012 at 11:46 am)Jeffonthenet Wrote:
Quote:Well mate I know this may sound abit cheesy but I just had one of them "oh shit" moments and said to my self "really this is really my life with all the facts in front of me" and even though I knew alot about Atheism I started to study it and just become one I

I appreciate you sharing Smile I had one of those too when I became an atheist. If you want to read more about it I wrote an article on it. Just a warning though, I think some people feel like they are being proselytized when the read it, but that was not really my intention in writing it. http://sententias.org/2012/01/04/evoluti...ar-violin/

I quickly skimmed through it and it was definitely a nice well thought out article props to you, but you know I guess I'am passed that point now and to be honest I'am not so sure I want to go back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates