Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth - Proof of God?
Earth - Proof of God?
My Pastor told me something today that confirmed to me, beyond all doubts, that my Lord exists. I hope the below explanation makes sense to you too and you are to decide the truth in this.

Code:
Out of hundreds of planets in the universe, why is the earth only one supporting life? Because someone made it that way. We have explored the whole universe and only the earth supports life. That is evidence enough for something higher than all of us.
RE: Earth - Proof of God?
ROFL, obvious you're a poe. Smile
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Mr. sir Poe, we're not special:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupToqz1e2g

(February 5, 2013 at 5:39 am)Christian Wrote:
Quote:Out of hundreds of planets in the universe, why is the earth only one supporting life? Because someone made it that way. We have explored the whole universe and only the earth supports life. That is evidence enough for something higher than all of us.

(Bolding mine.)

Hundreds? It's closer to 1024 planets in the universe.
And we have explored the whole universe? Bullshit.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Explored the WHOLE universe have we?

Must've missed that bulletin Big Grin

BTW, if god made the Earth for humans why is so much of it totally unliveable for us?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 5, 2013 at 5:39 am)Christian Wrote: My Pastor told me something today that confirmed to me, beyond all doubts, that my Lord exists. I hope the below explanation makes sense to you too and you are to decide the truth in this.

Code:
Out of hundreds of planets in the universe, why is the earth only one supporting life? Because someone made it that way. We have explored the whole universe and only the earth supports life. That is evidence enough for something higher than all of us.

I decide it's not true. We're most probably not exceptional in the universe and neither is your pastor in twisting his narrowminded views into 'evidence'.
I have a better question: why did god made most of the universe inhospitable to us?

But if that makes you sure of your god, all I can say is wow. BTW, I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I desperately need to sell, its a 100% christian bridge too! Big Grin
[Image: 68259_7XZJnmAOc2zkUZI.jpg]

Christian Wrote:My Pastor told me something today that confirmed to me, beyond all doubts, that my Lord exists.

Did you bother confirming what your pastor said was true before accepting it as proof of your beliefs?

(I know others have mentioned this already, but I just have to laugh at how absurd the notion that "We have explored the whole universe" is. Seriously, don't be so gullible.)
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Don't panic, everyone. That massive shockwave that just flattened the cities in which you live and probably blew out your windows [sorry] and the bright flash of light followed by the incinerating heat was NOT caused by a thermonuclear bomb. It was instead a result of the air being supercompressed into blueshifting frequencies and the resultant shockwave from how unbelievably legendary my facepalm just was.

Explored the universe...dude, this is why preachers are not sources of any kind of intelligent, useful information. We haven't even fully explored our solar system, much less our galactic spiral arm, much less the galaxy itself, much less the nearest galaxies, much less the other thousand galaxies, much less the universe.
How the heck do we know that Earth is the only planet in the entire universe with life on it? There may even be life (micro organisms) elsewhere in our solar system.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1378 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  The age of the Earth LinuxGal 12 2494 March 21, 2023 at 5:18 am
Last Post: no one
  Hollow Earth Fake Messiah 8 955 October 14, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4048 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Proof that there is no God Nihilist Virus 10 2359 March 31, 2017 at 1:58 am
Last Post: ronedee
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 19160 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 14292 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
Shocked Proof that god, exists. Checkmate atheists! Christian Poe-try 25 8090 May 31, 2016 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Proof that god does not exist Foxaèr 42 13422 December 4, 2015 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  How will you spend your last four days on earth? Rapture and end days, oh my! Whateverist 40 7255 September 21, 2015 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: ignoramus