Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heya.
Heya.
Just another atheist here. I've been identifying as such for a bit, and have become more outspoken about my feelings on this subject lately, more willing to engage, etc.

I've been a critic of organized religion for the majority of my life.

My personal philosophy is that it is better to believe more true things than false things, that our beliefs inform our actions, and that "I don't know" is a better answer to a question than a fabricated one.
RE: Heya.
Welcome
Guten Abend
Hi there!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Howdy!
Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(February 12, 2013 at 9:04 pm)BeefiestName Wrote: Just another atheist here. I've been identifying as such for a bit, and have become more outspoken about my feelings on this subject lately, more willing to engage, etc.

I've been a critic of organized religion for the majority of my life.

My personal philosophy is that it is better to believe more true things than false things, that our beliefs inform our actions, and that "I don't know" is a better answer to a question than a fabricated one.

Hi. I'm new here too.

cheersSmile
Hi there!
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heya folks... krstl_mrrw 28 2593 May 7, 2016 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Big Grin Heya. ;) Integrity 14 1843 August 27, 2013 at 8:44 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Heya Folks plaincents 8 2124 February 27, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Heya butterfly 10 2856 March 24, 2012 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Minimalist