Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heya. ;)
Big Grin 
Heya. ;)
Hi there. I'm not really good at introductions, but I'll try. Tongue

I'm 16 years old, from Estonia, and I've been an Atheist for half a year or so. Before all of that, I was confused about the whole thing, and wasn't sure what my views were, until I randomly stumbled across a Dawkins debate on YouTube. (I don't know why I actually started watching it, because I thought it'd be super boring and wouldn't inform me in any way. I was absolutely wrong. xD)

I'll read a couple of books soon, and I thought Dawkins' "God Delusion" would be a good start. If anyone can suggest another good book on these sorts of things, that'd be cool, I'd prefer a comprehensible book that isn't written for scientists though, since this is my second language, and as I said, I'm 16. Tongue (On a side note, our education system here is different; We go to school 2 years later than you US and UK peeps, so technically I have the education of a 14-year old. Lol. Gotta love my natural intelligence, though. Tongue)

So yeah, I'm pretty much going to stick around here to learn things, maybe I'll 'try' to enter a conversation/thread of some sort, but in all honesty I'm still quite ignorant on a lot of things concerning religion. (In a good way, though, since I'm quite glad I wasn't raised by some bullshit doctrine. Haha)

See you around, I guess. Smile
RE: Heya. ;)
Welcome Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Welcome!
Guten Abend
(August 26, 2013 at 10:05 am)Integrity Wrote: If anyone can suggest another good book on these sorts of things, that'd be cool

Sam Harris "The End of Faith" It's a good, quick read.

Welcome
Hitchens, "God is Not Great"

Welcome.
Welcome, new blood!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome!
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Hi there Smile
Welcome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heya folks... krstl_mrrw 28 2591 May 7, 2016 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet