Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bible mini-series on the History Channel
The Bible mini-series on the History Channel
I just watched the mini series with my wife and it spurred alot of questions with her, at the end of which she said that unless you are familiar with the Bible, you'd be completely lost.

So, i thought If any of you saw it or has any questions in general about Genesis or Exodus (Maybe one we haven't already done to death) I'd like to be able to help you find your answer.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-bible
RE: The Bible mini-series on the History Channel
ohh the history channel.

which broadcasts such enormously importent programs about subjects of such historic significants as swampeople and truckers.

even Al Jazzera has better documentaries
I don't think any of us here take the history channel seriously anymore.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
[Image: 076-Fuck-Logic-650x514.jpg]
I couldn't be bothered. 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' airs at the same time on The Learning Channel.
Edit: Oops wrong thread.
Quote:I just watched the mini series with my wife and it spurred alot of questions with her, at the end of which she said that unless you are familiar with the Bible, you'd be completely lost.

Grimm's Fairy Tales suffers from the same problem.

History Channel also pushes Ancient Aliens. According to those douchebags god was an alien.

Seriously, Drippy. Anyone who takes that shit seriously cannot be taken seriously.
[Image: history_channel_alien_guy_meme_generator...98f63b.jpg]
[Image: 3scibl.jpg]
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Throwing the baby out with the bath water?

So by the collective logic displayed here, the History Channel and all it has reported is is no longer crediable because of one series it aired? Meaning Everything on The Revolutionary War, forward.. All of the shows dedicated to expantion of the US, and anything and everything else it has done or ever will do based on recorded history is garbage because of one series???

I don't know about you all but in my mind I have this tool I use to filter out the bad from the good. I call it discernment. The way it works is I do not close my mind off to anything until I have heard and thought on what it is all about. I do not pre judge something, just because it is packaged a certain way.. Or Rather I do not judge an e-book by it's cover art. This allows me perspective that the closed minded will never have.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44142 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  channel 5 the last days of jesus downbeatplumb 5 2243 April 17, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  History Repeats Itself Shuffle 79 16654 August 18, 2015 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7451 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  New book validates biblical history? Foxaèr 22 4093 December 10, 2014 at 3:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The bible and ancient history. Lemonvariable72 66 12454 December 3, 2014 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  History of Modern Europe: Rise of Christianity RageaholicsAnonymous 1 1118 September 28, 2013 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  History of christian morals in the family Dee Dee Ramone 12 5729 December 8, 2012 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Aractus