Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Born this way, baby
Born this way, baby
I have noticed a particular lack of anti-homosexual debate in this forum. Therefore, I figured I would start a thread to see if anyone was interested in making their opinions known or if perhaps there is an anomaly on this forum where such a subject is considered unworthy to the bigger God does or does not exist debate.

I am gay. I mentioned it already in one thread somewhere, I think it was the "Former theists" thread in regards to why one became an atheist.

One video I have found quite informative in regards to scripture regarding homosexuality is what I will share at the end of my thread. I hope you watch it, because it truly does give a very informative stance on the biblical perspective of the subject.

I would love to have a great debate with theists on this subject, because it is one of my strongest.

Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/ezQjNJUSraY
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Born this way, baby
Theist will ignore you out of fear to reveil their craving for man love.

Tongue
Wow, I was really surprised when that kid "came out" around 7 min in.

But I digress, start your debate.

And to get a standard of your position, are you a top or bottom? (or both?)
I think the most anti gay people are the ones who are concerned about their own sexuality.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

There a quite a number of LGBTQ people on this forum and for the most part we see no difference, they are people and have a voice and so post on this forum as valued members.

Your debate topic is nothing new here but DO start a thread Infidel to take this topic further.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
My two cents, Mr. Infidel:

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

You noticed a lack because most homophobes don't last long here.

Part of the reason this is a good forum is that the core group of visitors here are pretty accepting of other people's sexuality, choices, kinks, or eccentricities.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I've had a few people here try to belittle me for being trans, but they're easy enough to shrug off. I mean, haters gonna hate.

Besides, they're so much fun to make fun of. Big Grin
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
If you want a debate, perhaps you should state a position, rather than posting an hour-long video.

Is the title - Born this way, baby - your argument?

If so:

1. Define gay.

2. Support that you were born gay.

3. Explain what being born that way has to do with anything.
Re: Born this way, baby
This could het interesting. As far as I was aware, nobody here doubted that sexuality is a natural trait, and any who did doubt it don't think it matters.

I agree that it's only people who are insecure about their own sexuality who have a problem with the sexuality of others. Nobody else gives a shit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tis the season for the magic baby NuclearEnergy 27 4871 December 18, 2017 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  I don't exactly feel the same way I once did. Ryantology 18 2722 January 26, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  If someone says science can't explain everything what's the best way to repond? ReptilianPeon 94 13272 December 14, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Theist trope: "Is life just a game?", what's the best way to rerpond? ReptilianPeon 8 3126 May 20, 2016 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Alex K
  If someone says to me "consciousness, therefore god", what's the best way to respond? ReptilianPeon 56 7809 March 9, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Justifying the way things are. Combanitorics 11 3591 October 31, 2015 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Billboard proclaims "Nobody is born gay" Foxaèr 201 28679 December 22, 2014 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Okay, You Were Born Gay...But You're Still Going To Hell! Nope 18 7598 December 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Christian Mingle, The Easiest Way To Get Laid. JohnDG 51 50513 September 9, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Best way to annoy a theist Dystopia 21 5837 July 21, 2014 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda