Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age difference?
Age difference?
What do you think would be the youngest socially acceptable age of a woman that an attractive, youthful 43 year old man could get away with?

I ask for a friend of mine you see Wink
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Age difference?
I have no idea.

According to QI, the ideal age would be half the man's age + 7 years. So that's 28 and a half apparently! Seems a little young I think though....but apparently that's ideal lol.

EvF
Fuck socially accepted ages. If you find a 21 year old who you love and who loves you in return, go for it. There ain't an age limit on love.

Well, there is, but I assume we're talking about actions within the law here.
Depends if the love sticks IMO, someone who has lived a lot longer (relatively) perhaps possibly could take advantage (obviously not referring to you Darwinian).

But, ultimately - I have no fucking idea to be honest. I have zero experience on this issue.

And in my experience in life in general: Indeed, fuck socially acceptable stuff in general. It's so often bullshit. Look at religion. That's one thing that should be laughed at more rather than getting praised and it being shocking to some if it's criticized too harshly!

EvF
(September 10, 2009 at 9:28 am)Darwinian Wrote: I ask for a friend of mine you see Wink

Sure you are. Wink

Honestly, I think once they are legal, which in my country is 18, I think we need to respect people's decisions.

Personally for me, what it comes down to is I would fuck a 40 year old if it was James Marsters and only James Marsters. I draw my line there. I think in general I'd be comfortable with an age difference upwards of 10 years and no younger than 4. And that's because I'm 24. I have no interest in dating teenagers.

Everyone else has different lines and if an 18 yr. old and 43 yr. old want to get it on, they are consenting adults and that should be respected. I don't really care. It comes down to what you're personally comfortable with...and what's legal.

However, if you want to get into what is socially acceptable...I think it's a difference of 10 years, but I could be wrong.

And fuck social norms. Literally. Wink
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I have absolutely no problems finding younger women attractive except that I don't very often ... partly it's because I am a parent and if I'm attracted to a 20 year old then that 's the same as my oldest daughter which is ... well ... doesn't somehow feel right. Then again, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I like 'em curvy and women don't seem to have as good figures at say 20 as they do at maybe 30 and up and then there's the other thing ... youngsters seem so obsessed with ... well ... whatever interests the wee young things, they like fizzy beer and alco-pops and stuff, they seem to remember their lives in terms of parties and barfing and I like a decent conversation, a glass of red wine or a pint of decent ale and stuff like that. I grant you I'm probably wrong, biased or whatever but that's the way it seems to this old codger.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I really couldn't give a toss on what is a "socially accepted age" for a partner, unless we are talking under aged which is a different story. Single digits, bad.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Which, apparently, in the abomination known as Twilight, werewolves imprint on their soul mate when they meet. So if their soul mate is 2...they imprint.

Fucked up books.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Well it was written by a Mormon. I liked the movie though.
....You did? I've heard it was horrible. Granted, all my knowledge of Twilight is second hand. I'm too afraid to really look.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tell us your age with a picture Foxaèr 74 9261 May 14, 2018 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? Foxaèr 48 8452 May 4, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What’s your age and butt size J a c k 52 4950 January 27, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How Do You Percieve Age? Kernel Sohcahtoa 33 4092 April 27, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  "Teen"age songs brewer 60 6101 July 27, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  What a difference a rum makes Razzle 2 803 April 19, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Razzle
  Is age merely a number? OfMiceAndMen 58 8005 March 12, 2014 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  Age and relationships FallentoReason 40 7453 August 6, 2013 at 1:05 pm