Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Doctors Choose To Die
How Doctors Choose To Die
Quote:How doctors choose to die

When faced with a terminal illness, medical professionals, who know the limits of modern medicine, often opt out of life-prolonging treatment. An American doctor explains why the best death can be the least medicated – and the art of dying peacefully, at home.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/f...choose-die
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
RE: How Doctors Choose To Die
My brother-in-law is a doctor and he has made many of the same observations. What is done to the elderly in hospitals borders on criminal. They are a cash cow for Medicare practitioners some of whom, apparently, want no part of what they inflict on others.
Yeah, I don't see the point of bankrupting my family to prolong my life for a little while longer and suffer the side effects of chemo. Just hook me up with some decent meds and plenty of beer.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
(July 10, 2013 at 7:09 pm)Rahul Wrote: Yeah, I don't see the point of bankrupting my family to prolong my life for a little while longer and suffer the side effects of chemo. Just hook me up with some decent meds and plenty of beer.

just give me lots of morphine and let me die with a stripper sat on my face.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How WON’T You Die? BrianSoddingBoru4 63 4205 June 17, 2020 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Happy Birthday Die Atheistin brewer 6 637 June 18, 2018 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Would you rather die of thirst or hunger? ErGingerbreadMandude 18 1498 January 29, 2018 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You die one day and you reach the heavenly gates, God says to you, " ErGingerbreadMandude 39 9126 June 16, 2017 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Even if you choose not to believe in Spiderman, you’re actually believing in him. AkiraTheViking 23 2877 May 31, 2016 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Choose an interesting topic for me to research. Reforged 12 3228 November 13, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  which member you choose to be if you're not you ? Marsellus Wallace 33 4250 May 19, 2015 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Stupid Ways To Die Thread Minimalist 4 1499 August 14, 2014 at 8:23 am
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Would you rather live forever or die? Phatt Matt s 33 3866 April 10, 2014 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Food to Die For! BrokenQuill92 7 2085 January 8, 2014 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Jackalope