Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 11:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Ray and Kirk Perfect?
Are Ray and Kirk Perfect?
I'm sure you're all aware of the lies and lunacies of Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. Like all creationists, they say "this looks like creation, therefore it had to have a creator", and they claim evolution is false, yet they don't know a single thing about evolution.

Well, today I was reading a great book called" The Science of Evolution and the Myth of Creationism" by biologist Ardea Skybreak, and there is a section on human imperfections. Kirk and Ray claim that human beings are made perfect in God's image. Well, listen to this informative passage about biological imperfections:

Human beings are prone to back and hip pain and a number of other related ailments because the alignment of our skeletons is not "perfectly designed" for upright walking. Which do you think is more likely: that some all-knowing and all-powerful god did downright shoddy work, or that our skeletons are imperfect simply because we were "built" (by well-known and observable evolutionary mechanisms such as natural selection) out of the skeletons of our ancestor species, going back to the ones that walked on all fours?

Then the book continues with another example, this one concerning the human wind pipe and eating:

Human beings also have a dangerous tendency to choke on food: this has something to do with the fact that, in the back of our throats, the passage that air follows to get to the lungs actually crosses the path that food follows to get to the stomach. This would be an example of a really stupid (or perversely sadistic) design if a god had actually designed it that way.

The book goes on to say the reason our windpipes and throats are set up the way they are is because our distant ancestors were sea creatures who eventually reproduced and grew to live on land. This feature, like everything in human anatomy, comes from the evolution of our bodies.

Yet, despite the biological facts about evolutionary human development and human imperfections, Kirk and Ray still insist that God is omnipotent, and people are made perfectly in his image.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVOSC82tMsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ9OyxAiehk

If Ray and Kirk are correct, then God is obviously a fool who is bad at what he does. Why has God given us such crappy bodies that are prone to choking and back pain? If our present bodies are as good as God can do, then frankly, God sucks. God also did not create Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron perfectly in his image; those two are about as imperfect as you can get.

It really is true that religions are primitive and illogical. Back in the days before people had scientific knowledge and resources to conduct field research and experiments, people made up fantasy stories just like those found in the Holy Bible. In the Old Testament, God created humans and vegetation in one fell swoop. When in reality, human beings are Homo Sapiens who are close relatives of African apes, who evolved over millions of years. Researchers know this because they dug up transitional fossils, the youngest of which they found buried higher up in the earth, and the oldest of which were buried deeper down in the earth. By analyzing these transitional fossils, scientists are able to build family trees that indicate when a certain species branched off into another. Vegetation was in fact created by humans when the Agricultural Revolution started, and still goes on today.

Undecided
RE: Are Ray and Kirk Perfect?
I clicked this because I thought you meant Captain Kirk. And I was like, "who's ray?"

(July 22, 2013 at 1:56 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: I clicked this because I thought you meant Captain Kirk. And I was like, "who's ray?"

LOL! Captain Kirk isn't perfect, either.
Christians just say that such defects are a result of sin entering the world. Adam and Eve were originally basically superman who never felt pain and couldn't die. When they bit the wrong fruit, their bodies could feel pain and they could now get old and die.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(July 22, 2013 at 1:58 am)Michael Schubert Wrote:
(July 22, 2013 at 1:56 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: I clicked this because I thought you meant Captain Kirk. And I was like, "who's ray?"

LOL! Captain Kirk isn't perfect, either.

Spock is. Don't anyone challenge me on this.
This reminds me of a tangent, the 'fine tuned' universe (for humans, that is). Funnily enough, were not even able to live everywhere on earth, much less most parts of space. Some fine tuning indeed.. Tongue

Edit:
(July 22, 2013 at 2:05 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Spock is. Don't anyone challenge me on this.

Can I be your friend? Blush
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(July 22, 2013 at 2:04 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Christians just say that such defects are a result of sin entering the world. Adam and Eve were originally basically superman who never felt pain and couldn't die. When they bit the wrong fruit, their bodies could feel pain and they could now get old and die.

Confused Fall
(July 22, 2013 at 2:05 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote:
(July 22, 2013 at 1:58 am)Michael Schubert Wrote: LOL! Captain Kirk isn't perfect, either.

Spock is. Don't anyone challenge me on this.

Wrong. Because, that's why.

Big Grin
(July 22, 2013 at 2:05 am)Kayenneh Wrote: This reminds me of a tangent, the 'fine tuned' universe (for humans, that is). Funnily enough, were not even able to live everywhere on earth, much less most parts of space. Some fine tuning indeed.. Tongue

Edit:
(July 22, 2013 at 2:05 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Spock is. Don't anyone challenge me on this.

Can I be your friend? Blush

Of course, anyone who appreciates the perfection that is Spock is awesome.

Just so I don't hijack this thread, something related to what you posted (even though I still feel cheated): I think their argument is that no mutation is ever beneficial (not sure how they explain all the infectious diseases), so adam and eve were perfect, mutation happens with replication, but they're all bad mutations, and we're now burdened with all these imperfections.

(July 22, 2013 at 2:10 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

Wrong. Because, that's why.
You don't even have a case.
Proof against "intelligent design" is the existence of fucking morons like Comfort and Cameron.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17528 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Imperfect perfect Trinity Alex K 8 988 December 14, 2019 at 9:20 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  We are God's perfect imperfection. ignoramus 54 14767 July 9, 2017 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 64034 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why would a perfect being make an imperfect world? Socrates 138 31274 February 25, 2017 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  The Perfect Religious Doctrine The Reality Salesman01 41 6789 May 15, 2016 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Argument from perfect preservation Psychonaut 8 3811 August 9, 2015 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  This Is Perfect. Minimalist 14 5135 November 22, 2014 at 11:56 am
Last Post: dyresand
  How is the Bible/Quran a "perfect book" ? Rwandrall 14 5829 November 5, 2014 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
  If God made us perfect.... vodkafan 28 8016 May 31, 2014 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd