Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelson Mandela dies.
Nelson Mandela dies.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/05...99777.html
Re: Nelson Mandela dies.
I was just watching it on the news. The world has lost a truly great man.

I had to get off twitter because people were tweeting "Who's Nelson Mandela?" And I can't find them all to kill them.
RE: Nelson Mandela dies.
The man changed the world. RIP.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

A few months ago a friend of my nephew's was fired from the TV station they work at for erroneously running the story that Nelson Mandela died without first checking the source or to see if it were valid. But unfortunately it appears that now it's real.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RIP. The world is a better place because of him.
A great man, of the sort that are few and far between. We could use more like him.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You mean more people that take up arms against their own governments? Or could you be more specific?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
A great and humble man who loved God and loved his neighbor.
He did for South Africa what Mugabe should have done in Zimbabwe... it's easy to speak in hindsight, isn't it?

I remember watching the news of him being released from prison... a long time ago...

RIP
He did great things, but I don't think there needs to be much mourning. He was 95 its not like it was a surprise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zbigniew Brzezinski dies at 89. c172 5 1412 May 27, 2017 at 10:17 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Nobody dies because they don't have access to health care. Jehanne 29 6188 May 11, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What if Trump dies in office? Won2blv 37 5048 March 1, 2017 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Court Astrologer to the Reagans dies vorlon13 11 2550 December 28, 2015 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Robin Williams dies at 63 apparent suicide Manowar 2 1034 August 12, 2014 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Manowar
  Ariel Sharon Dies at 85 EgoRaptor 77 12780 January 18, 2014 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Nelson Mandela and historical revisionism. I and I 17 7456 December 7, 2013 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: I and I
  How will the holocaust be remembered after the last survivor dies? Something completely different 31 12139 June 21, 2013 at 3:02 am
Last Post: littleendian
  Nelson Mandelas health deteriorating Something completely different 2 1536 April 3, 2013 at 9:33 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Is this seriously worth it? Guantanmo inmate never charged with a crime, dies after 11 years in US custody Hovik 66 26196 September 26, 2012 at 3:10 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy