Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do Black Christians Hate Atheists
Why do Black Christians Hate Atheists
Quote:This is the type of reaction that most black christians have when they find out someones a atheist
Every thing the family said this guy is the EXACT response I get from other people at my school. EVERYTHING. Pay close to attention to their facial expressions and the questions they ask. I don't know what this guy was thinking even being with a christian, but I could never do it. Any religious girl, actually. Take that as you will. We're incompatible. I can relate 100% to this video, and this is why I refuse to announce to my grandma and aunt(s) that I'm atheist. I've told my cousins and brother that I was, and they were interested in why I believe what I do, and even wanted me to explain it to them because to see if I could change their views. I would have, but I'm not the best at "converting" people. They have no problem with it, and it doesn't change their view of me. However, everyone else I haven't told for a reason. They probably won't disown me, but I know they'll give me this bullshit speech about how god still loves me, etc. Here's the video

Something related, but no quite.

Same sex divorce should be outlawed. #StopTheGays
RE: Why do Black Christians Hate Atheists
I have the utmost respect for you. My Atheism has cost me nothing My father is Apatheist, My mother beleives in woo and my brothers and sisters are all Apatheists as far as I can say.
Black christians most likely hate atheists for the same reasons as other Christians
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(December 25, 2013 at 11:08 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Black christians most likely hate atheists for the same reasons as other Christians

I would think that they have an extra dose of cognitive dissonance as they were the descendants of Hamm and bounced back and forth for years on whether they even had a soul.

In order to remain a christian they had to ignore much more than the white cultures... Which is quite strange if you think about it...
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(December 25, 2013 at 11:08 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Black christians most likely hate atheists for the same reasons as other Christians

Precisely. By rejecting their fairy tales we are a threat to them. We show that we don't need their fucking god to get through life and that scares the living shit out of all of them....black or white.
(December 25, 2013 at 11:48 am)Brakeman Wrote:

I would think that they have an extra dose of cognitive dissonance as they were the descendants of Hamm and bounced back and forth for years on whether they even had a soul.

In order to remain a christian they had to ignore much more than the white cultures... Which is quite strange if you think about it...
Non Ethiopian black Christians are a dose of irony I think. Considering how the bible was the justification for slavery for many years. Not to mention the nasty affair that forced conversions are.

(December 25, 2013 at 11:56 am)Minimalist Wrote:

Precisely. By rejecting their fairy tales we are a threat to them. We show that we don't need their fucking god to get through life and that scares the living shit out of all of them....black or white.

Especially when they figure out we are not baby eating, serial killing, drug addicted pedophiles, but instead regular everyday people. It really turns their crank when they see us doing goods things, like volunteering for the poor.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Because most atheists who present themselves in public are the white atheists who remind minorities of the Christians who suppressed their freedoms.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(December 26, 2013 at 8:44 pm)Polaris Wrote: Because most atheists who present themselves in public are the white atheists who remind minorities of the Christians who suppressed their freedoms.

You really believe this? Do you have ANY evidence whatsoever for this?
(December 26, 2013 at 10:28 pm)là bạn điên Wrote:
(December 26, 2013 at 8:44 pm)Polaris Wrote: Because most atheists who present themselves in public are the white atheists who remind minorities of the Christians who suppressed their freedoms.

You really believe this? Do you have ANY evidence whatsoever for this?

I can vouch for Polaris' claim. The average black family revolves around the church, why is why finding a black atheist is very rare-- especially one willing to reveal that he is an atheist. The fact that christianity was forced onto the black slaves makes it even worse. They fail to realize the bible was used to justify their enslavement.
Same sex divorce should be outlawed. #StopTheGays
Persistent "slave" mentality?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 223 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why theists really hate Harry Potter Foxaèr 49 2837 October 17, 2018 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 3700 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Lewis Black On The Inauguration Minimalist 0 521 January 19, 2017 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Black Mirror Foxaèr 19 3201 December 11, 2016 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Post the songs you hate here. Yes, right here! brewer 265 25658 September 20, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  I hate The Young Turks so much. Reforged 14 2869 November 17, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: DespondentFishdeathMasochismo
  Code Black c172 0 565 October 1, 2015 at 12:46 am
Last Post: c172
  Lewis Black on Trump 2012 Minimalist 16 4848 August 8, 2015 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Music you hate Longhorn 112 25099 July 1, 2015 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho