Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hi atheistforum,

I am a former lifelong atheist/agnostic turned Christian a few years back. I came here to chat with you folks about life, the universe and everything. Looking forward to meeting you all. Smile
John 6:40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

message me if you would like prayer
RE: Hello
Oh, everyone believes you, I promise.

Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(December 26, 2013 at 6:40 am)Ivy Wrote: Oh, everyone believes you, I promise.

Welcome Big Grin

Hi Ivy,

That I am looking forward to meeting you? Well, you'll just have to take my word for it I guess. Tongue Or, do you mean my prior beliefs? It's not really that unusual, although probably the majority of Christians are born into the church. I wasn't raised in the church..my Dad is an atheist and my mom believes in "a God" but never brought it up so I never learned anything about God until much later in life. I was raised secular and an atheist by default. How about you?
John 6:40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

(December 26, 2013 at 6:49 am)agapelove Wrote:
(December 26, 2013 at 6:40 am)Ivy Wrote: Oh, everyone believes you, I promise.

Welcome Big Grin

Hi Ivy,

That I am looking forward to meeting you? Well, you'll just have to take my word for it I guess. Tongue Or, do you mean my prior beliefs? It's not really that unusual, although probably the majority of Christians are born into the church. I wasn't raised in the church..my Dad is an atheist and my mom believes in "a God" but never brought it up so I never learned anything about God until much later in life. I was raised secular and an atheist by default. How about you?

I'd love to dive into a conversation with you and ask many questions off the top of my head, but the intro forum is restricted. I will ask you in another thread.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(December 26, 2013 at 6:54 am)Ivy Wrote:
(December 26, 2013 at 6:49 am)agapelove Wrote: Hi Ivy,

I'd love to dive into a conversation with you and ask many questions off the top of my head, but the intro forum is restricted. I will ask you in another thread.

Cool..let me know where it is..or will it notify me?

Welcome to the forums, agapelove.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
http://atheistforums.org/thread-22860.html

Glad you're a good sport so far. It's 4AM here so might be going to sleep. I'll get back to you tomorrow.
Half Baked

(December 26, 2013 at 7:08 am)Ivy Wrote: http://atheistforums.org/thread-22860.html

Glad you're a good sport so far. It's 4AM here so might be going to sleep. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

night Smile

Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(December 26, 2013 at 7:05 am)Tonus Wrote: Welcome to the forums, agapelove.

Thanks Tonus Smile Interesting quote that you have there. I tend to think God deals with absolute certainties, in that, He wouldn't do anything unless He already knew how it would turn out. I find this to be true even if you don't believe in God, in that whatever the state of Universe was at the beginning will predetermine how everything else will happen and it will always unfold the same way. That's how I understand it, anyway..could be wrong. Smile

(December 26, 2013 at 7:34 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^

Thanks Kayenneh. I didn't know bunnies could fly Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates