Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Service pack 3
Windows Service pack 3
Ok I frankenstiened my 2nd PC in two weeks. First one I revived died on me two days ago. Got my old tower prior to the one that died. Got everything back on it, but cannot get the Service Pack 3 for XP without getting add crap or toolbars or spywear on it.

Can someone tell me a lagit site that wont do that? AND OR can someone PM me the Service Pack 3 for XP here.

ALSO in this operation I am also missing Kernel32.dll. If that service pack includes it or will fix it then that is all I need.
RE: Windows Service pack 3
(December 27, 2013 at 4:41 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Ok I frankenstiened my 2nd PC in two weeks. First one I revived died on me two days ago. Got my old tower prior to the one that died. Got everything back on it, but cannot get the Service Pack 3 for XP without getting add crap or toolbars or spywear on it.

Can someone tell me a lagit site that wont do that? AND OR can someone PM me the Service Pack 3 for XP here.

ALSO in this operation I am also missing Kernel32.dll. If that service pack includes it or will fix it then that is all I need.

If it says you're missing kernel32.dll, that likely means the install is broken. An in-place-upgrade (aka a repair install) might fix that. Installing the SP *might* fix it, but I'd recommend the upgrade / install route first. You can combine steps by downloading and running nLite, which allows you to integrate the SP (and drivers) into your older SP version setup disk for XP. http://www.nliteos.com/

I'll host the service pack for you. IIRC, it's a few hundred megabytes. I'll PM you a download link and see if I can find you instructions for the upgrade / repair install.

(ETA: If you're using an old install from before, it would be prudent to reinstall the os clean; better stability, faster, and less problems.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows defender has, once again, incorrectly identified my program as malware! FlatAssembler 36 990 February 22, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Need info on Internet connection when even cell phone service is iffy arewethereyet 10 1003 February 24, 2023 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] Windows Movie Maker Help T.J. 6 708 November 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Windows Security plus Win 11 Oldandeasilyconfused 2 356 November 25, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Windows 11. Install it; Yes/ No/Wait Oldandeasilyconfused 24 2208 November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Windows 11? Angrboda 29 2384 September 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: no one
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 541 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 891 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2242 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013 Rhondazvous 18 3885 January 9, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Mermaid