Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 11?
Windows 11?
Anybody made the switch or are planning to do so?

I need a $100 TPM module to run it, so I'm leaning towards just waiting until EOL for Windows 10 and upgrading the guts of my computer with newer tech that includes it.

I've got $200 in planned tech purchases for my file server and up to $500 for a graphics card, though that won't happen till later in the year. But I've popped for a handful of luxury items lately, and so my reserve is running a bit low. On the other hand, since I'll probably wait until November or December on the graphics card, there isn't a whole lot of other things that I want to buy.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Windows 11?
My laptop runs on windows 7.

It works perfectly.

It has never been on the internet.

Smile
Over the decades I have gone from pc to pc, tower to tower, and now settled on laptop.I have seen an uncanny pattern with Windows where it seems every other version is a clusterfuck. It is like the company builds in obsolescence to frustrate the user to spend more money to update to correct the problems. 

Out of all the clusterfucks Windows put out Vista was the king of the "Blue screen of death".
Where are we now, 25 years of Windows?  I was good with DOS and thought Dos Shell was super cool.

After noticing the trend early on, I skip every other upgrade.  For example, 3.1 was okay.  95 was glitchy.  98 was better.  2000 & ME, why tho?  XP was tight.  Vista was Vista.  7 still works fairly well.  8 was wtf.  10 is alright.  From that, I don't expect much from 11 and will hold off until the next release.
(September 22, 2021 at 9:10 am)Ranjr Wrote: Where are we now, 25 years of Windows?  I was good with DOS and thought Dos Shell was super cool.

After noticing the trend early on, I skip every other upgrade.  For example, 3.1 was okay.  95 was glitchy.  98 was better.  2000 & ME, why tho?  XP was tight.  Vista was Vista.  7 still works fairly well.  8 was wtf.  10 is alright.  From that, I don't expect much from 11 and will hold off until the next release.

I quite liked ME.

I used it on the internet - no virus protection - and never had an issue.

It wasn' t popular enough for hackers to bother....
I do most of my computing from a company computer so I'll use whatever they provide, but it will be a year or two before they upgrade. I'm planning to build me a nice tower before I retire and run Linux on it so I don't have to keep up with the Windows rat race. I absolutely hate Apple, so not going there.

BTW, I have clients that are still running XP computers in mass production facilities. That should give you the shivers.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
The incremental improvements in operating systems are nice, but I wish someone would make a decent browser that didn't leak memory or CPU like a sieve.

Supposedly Windows 11 runs a lot leaner than Windows 10 and is significantly faster. I'll see it when I believe it.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
My computer won't run it (at least get the updates); I see no advantages in upgrading.
I run Linux Mint. Never liked Windoze.
I do what my son tells me to. Then he get the shit's hit the fan calls.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows defender has, once again, incorrectly identified my program as malware! FlatAssembler 36 995 February 22, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] Windows Movie Maker Help T.J. 6 709 November 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Windows Security plus Win 11 Oldandeasilyconfused 2 357 November 25, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Windows 11. Install it; Yes/ No/Wait Oldandeasilyconfused 24 2210 November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 542 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 892 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2244 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013 Rhondazvous 18 3885 January 9, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Windows 10 Running Slow A Theist 30 8151 June 2, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Joods
  Groove Music vs Windows media player paulpablo 1 1889 November 11, 2016 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious