Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you like and/or believe in Jesus of the BIBLE...
If you like and/or believe in Jesus of the BIBLE...
Jesus isn't such a nice guy, or a good role model. In fact, if the following is true, Jesus is EXTREMELY Evil...warning very evil Jesus:

From Matthew:
767. Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. 5:17

768. Jesus recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. This advice is given immediately after he says that anyone who looks with lust at any women commits adultery. 5:29-30

769. Jesus says that most people will go to hell. 7:13-14

772. Jesus tells a man who had just lost his father: "Let the dead bury the dead." 8:21

773. Jesus sends some devils into a herd of pigs, causing them to run off a cliff and drown in the waters below. 8:32

775. Families will be torn apart because of Jesus (this is one of the few "prophecies" in the Bible that has actually come true). "Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." 10:21

776. Jesus says that we should fear God who is willing and "able to destroy both soul and body in hell." 10:28

777. Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has "come not to send peace, but a sword." 10:34-36

778. Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn't care for his preaching. 11:20-24

779. Jesus will send his angels to gather up "all that offend" and they "shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." 13:41-42, 50

780. Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: "He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (See Ex.21:15, Lev.20:9, Dt.21:18-21) So, does Jesus think that children who curse their parents should be killed? It sure sounds like it. 15:4-7

781. Jesus advises his followers to mutilate themselves by cutting off their hands and plucking out their eyes. He says it's better to be "maimed" than to suffer "everlasting fire." 18:8-9

784. Jesus had no problem with the idea of drowning everyone on earth in the flood. It'll be just like that when he returns. 24:37

787. Jesus tells us what he has planned for those that he dislikes. They will be cast into an "everlasting fire." 25:41

788. Jesus says the damned will be tormented forever. 25:46

From Mark:
789. Jesus explains why he speaks in parables: to confuse people so they will go to hell. 4:11-12

790. Jesus sends devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. When the people hear about it, they beg Jesus to leave. 5:12-13

791. Any city that doesn't "receive" the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. 6:11

792. Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children as required by Old Testament law. (See Ex.21:15, Lev.20:9, Dt.21:18-21) 7:

793. If you're ashamed of Jesus, he'll be ashamed of you. (And you'll go straight to hell.) 8:38

794. Jesus tells us to cut off our hands and feet, and pluck out our eyes to avoid going to hell. 9:43-49

795. Jesus says that those that believe and are baptized will be saved, while those who don't will be damned. 16:16

From Luke:

799. Jesus heals a naked man who was possessed by many devils by sending the devils into a herd of pigs, causing them to run off a cliff and drown in the sea. This messy, cruel, and expensive (for the owners of the pigs) treatment did not favorably impress the local residents, and Jesus was asked to leave. 8:27-37

800. Jesus says that entire cities will be violently destroyed and the inhabitants "thrust down to hell" for not "receiving" his disciples. 10:10-15

801. Jesus says that we should fear God since he has the power to kill us and then torture us forever in hell. 12:5

802. Jesus says that God is like a slave-owner who beats his slaves "with many stripes." 12:46-47

804. According to Jesus, only a few will be saved; the vast majority will suffer eternally in hell where "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 13:23-30

805. In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man goes to hell, because as Abraham explains, he had a good life on earth and so now he will be tormented. Whereas Lazarus, who was miserable on earth, is now in heaven. This seems fair to Jesus. 16:19-3

806. Jesus believed the story of Noah's ark. He thought it really happened and had no problem with the idea of God drowning everything and everybody. 17:26-27

807. Jesus also believes the story about Sodom's destruction. He says, "even thus shall it be in the day the son of man is revealed ... Remember Lot's wife." This tells us about Jesus' knowledge of science and history, and his sense of justice. 17:29-32

There are plenty more, but thats enough for now lol, you get the idea.

Bible source: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
RE: If you like and/or believe in Jesus of the BIBLE...
Some mighty claims there. Unfortunately your Bible verses have no books, so it's hard to verify them. Perhaps you could edit your post and make sure you put which books the quotes come from?
(October 22, 2008 at 8:45 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Some mighty claims there. Unfortunately your Bible verses have no books, so it's hard to verify them. Perhaps you could edit your post and make sure you put which books the quotes come from?

Ok, but give me a sec it'll take a while.

EDIT: All doneSmile
I thought you people are suposed to be more factual and scientific than the average person. However that post shows clearly that you are just as emotive as the rest of us. AS an example:

Quote:780. Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: "He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (See Ex.21:15, Lev.20:9, Dt.21:18-21) So, does Jesus think that children who curse their parents should be killed? It sure sounds like it. 15:4-7

The facts are Jesus did not defend himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children. Infact he did not even bring up the topic. The fact is if you really read your bible you would know of another story of the woman caught in adultery. The scribs demanded she be put to death (according to the law) Jesus who knew the law better than them all said "He who is with out sin can cast the first stone", so they one by one left from the oldest first to the youngest. The law was preventative, the fear generated by the law kept people from being disobedient. Once the law was broken there was no point any more in the commandment. Jesus said "I have come into the world not to judge the world but that the world through me might have life". Gods very purpose is one of salvation, not judgement. There will be a day of judgement but that day is not here.

As another example when Joseph found out Mary was pregnant he was called righteous for the choice to put her away quietly, i.e. not requiring a death penalty. He chose to do a cover up job essentually, not making a fuss or a scene.
(October 29, 2008 at 9:08 pm)FutureAndAHope Wrote: I thought you people are suposed to be more factual and scientific than the average person. However that post shows clearly that you are just as emotive as the rest of us. AS an example:

Quote:780. Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: "He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (See Ex.21:15, Lev.20:9, Dt.21:18-21) So, does Jesus think that children who curse their parents should be killed? It sure sounds like it. 15:4-7

The facts are Jesus did not defend himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children. Infact he did not even bring up the topic. The fact is if you really read your bible you would know of another story of the woman caught in adultery. The scribs demanded she be put to death (according to the law) Jesus who knew the law better than them all said "He who is with out sin can cast the first stone", so they one by one left from the oldest first to the youngest. The law was preventative, the fear generated by the law kept people from being disobedient. Once the law was broken there was no point any more in the commandment. Jesus said "I have come into the world not to judge the world but that the world through me might have life". Gods very purpose is one of salvation, not judgement. There will be a day of judgement but that day is not here.

As another example when Joseph found out Mary was pregnant he was called righteous for the choice to put her away quietly, i.e. not requiring a death penalty. He chose to do a cover up job essentually, not making a fuss or a scene.
And you do not seem to understand that I never claimed anything. I never said that I knew any of this to be true. I even said "if the following is true".
I didn't even claim the whole Jesus is not such a nice guy, or a great role model thing, how I said it would probably atleast give the impression that I believe it however, and I would say that I do believe that. And I think the only quote I do probably agree with, atleast somewhat, is the first quote.
So, about the first quote, I think one of 'the four horsemen' said that Jesus basically was not against the old testament. He didn't come to change it, or even improve it, but to preach it.
Also, I think I heard Harris say that Jesus was not against slavery. Pretty backward for our supposed savior (if this was/is true) don't you think?
I never claimed I knew anything.
You seem to criticize me for assuming that the quotes are true. But I never claimed I thought the quotes were true. So you are the one who has made an assumption.
I said "if the following is true", and the topic header clearly states that I'm talking about the Jesus of the bible. So I'm talking about how the bible portrays him. I never said these quotes were scientific in anyway.
I don't think the bible is scientific, I think its a work of fiction.
So once more, I repeat, I never claimed I knew anything. And I made it very clear that I was talking about the Jesus of the bible.
I even put that in topic header for Christ sake. And I put the word 'bible' in capitals. Jesus.
Quote:You seem to criticize me for assuming that the quotes are true. But I never claimed I thought the quotes were true. So you are the one who has made an assumption.

Sorry if I made an assumption, it just pays to have a little more care when quoting statments, that is all I meant. Some nebie might believe all that stuff when most of it is just nothing close to the character of God.
(October 30, 2008 at 12:47 am)FutureAndAHope Wrote:
Quote:You seem to criticize me for assuming that the quotes are true. But I never claimed I thought the quotes were true. So you are the one who has made an assumption.

Sorry if I made an assumption, it just pays to have a little more care when quoting statments, that is all I meant. Some nebie might believe all that stuff when most of it is just nothing close to the character of God.
Well christians believe crazy stuff anyway, so why would it make any difference? Besides, what is your interpretation of all of these quotes?
I accept your apology anyways.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 1909 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 23713 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why you all need others, to believe? LastPoet 24 3816 December 26, 2019 at 10:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2520 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  What new books would you like in the Bible? Fake Messiah 13 2152 February 6, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7553 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7836 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10203 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Theist Posters: Why do you believe your God exists? SuperSentient 65 14331 March 15, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Question Why disbelievers believe? They believe in so called “God of the gaps”. theBorg 49 8450 August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy