Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:26 pm

Poll: Firearms
This poll is closed.
I own one or more firearms that I fire on occasion.
19.44%
7 19.44%
I own one or more collectable firearms that I rarely ever fire.
5.56%
2 5.56%
I do not own any firearms.
75.00%
27 75.00%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Tool
My New Tool
I bought a new little rifle today. It's a .22 caliber Ruger 10/22. Its called the Takedown model because it breaks in half and can be stored in a 18-20 inch bag. Very cool and the perfect gun for little varmints ... I live sort of in the countryside. It has little chance of taking down anything larger than a racoon, but its perfect for what I need and I think it's just a really cool rifle.
I realize guns are a touchy subject on this forum, but I thought this would be a good example of a gun that is used as a tool and not a weapon of mayhem and human sorrow. You'll notice it doesn't come with a 30 round clip, a grenade launcher or directions to the local pre-school.

[Image: Ruger-10-22-22LR-Takedown-Rifle.jpg]
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: My New Tool
I don't own a gun because of the depression thing and the suicidal tendencies that run on both sides of the family. I'm pretty lethal unarmed, anyway.
Stay away from feminists with that thing, Cinjin, because they'll make you shoot up schools.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I'm pro-gun, with regulations, but I would never own one. I'm disabled. What would I be doing carrying a gun? But i have seen a fair amount of shooting in the olympics. It's even an NCAA sport. I enjoy watching.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(March 12, 2014 at 11:25 pm)Faith No More Wrote: ... they'll make you shoot up schools.

I can't even fathom such a thing. How anyone can harm a child is beyond my comprehension.

(March 12, 2014 at 11:29 pm)Cinjin Wrote: I can't even fathom such a thing. How anyone can harm a child is beyond my comprehension.

Usually it's children, who have been severely harmed themselves.. Sad

But nice piece, Cin! Great
(I however will stick to computer animated gunsWink)
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

The 10/22 is a great little rifle. I built this one myself.

[Image: 10-22.jpg]

Careful Cinjin least to customizing bug bite you. I had dropped about a grand on this one by the time I was done with it.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(March 12, 2014 at 11:49 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Careful Cinjin least to customizing bug bite you. I had dropped about a grand on this one by the time I was done with it.

trust me I know. I customized my Mossberg 12 gauge and I promised myself I'd never do another one. It adds up.

I don't own a gun, I'm not opposed to owning one either, just haven't bought one. What you bought seems pretty cool, but gun knowledge is way over my head.
(March 13, 2014 at 12:00 am)Asimm Wrote: I don't own a gun, I'm not opposed to owning one either, just haven't bought one. What you bought seems pretty cool, but gun knowledge is way over my head.

Collecting and sport shooting is a really fun hobby and there's a lot of friendly comradery inside that social group.
It's really a shame that gun owners have such a bad reputation. The guys that I know who own multiple firearms are really great responsible people who have no interest in harming anyone. It's the irresponsible dimwits that have blackened a really fun positive sport/hobby.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool Background Check onlinebiker 15 1016 December 31, 2018 at 9:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Net neutrality tool. lrh9 1 1547 August 11, 2010 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Jaysyn