Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I spoke in tongues today!
So I spoke in tongues today!
Ha ha yeah! I did it, I'm the man! So I read an article about tongues some months ago and it blew me away. It spoke of how you can teach yourself how to speak the holy language. Well I'm here to report that the article is true.

As per the article, you have to switch off the part of your brain that makes you think of your words. At the same time you have to switch on the physical parts that make you actually say the words. You have to focus on not thinking about your words but focus on moving your lips and tongue so you can vocalise. It's kinda fun when you do it in a setting with believers. So start practicing.
8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
RE: So I spoke in tongues today!
Every time I go to the mental ward I start to talking in tongues, no big deal, well for me at least lol.
I can type in tongues!

FUMOA DASUFOOIIUM XEUUIIPFUY CAAAAERFAAAAULMHYTREEE GGEEWIOLAAANYI
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I want to go to a charismatic church and start insulting them and say obscene shit in Libyan Arabic
(September 28, 2014 at 8:21 am)DramaQueen Wrote: I want to go to a charismatic church and start insulting them and say obscene shit in Libyan Arabic

That raises an interesting point.
The funny thing about our dear friends, the American puritans, is that they think words have magical meaning that makes them intrinsically bad bad bad, and therefore God gets angry when one says them. The question to me is whether that extends to arbitrary languages. For example, I could invent a language in which "praise the Lord" actually means "jump on Jesus' face and receive a divine blowjob". Would this exclamation, which is perpetually made in all Sunday services, make God angry from that day forth then, and condemn all those congregations to hellfire?

Conversely, if I say terribly blasphemous things in a language no one uses or no one present understands, are they still offensive? What if I just made that language up (after all, all languages are made up)?
For example, I have just invented a language which is very much like English, except that the Phrase "what a beautiful flower!" means to "go bugger the messiah in forbidden places", and vice versa. Can I still say either? Can others?

Theology needs to address these problems quickly, or we may be in for a pleasant day in the park (*)

(*) ="eternal hellfire" in modified English
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

My thought on Christians who actually do believe they are speaking in tongues ...

if a person can't make any sense in one language, why assume he is making sense in a language no one understands?
(September 28, 2014 at 8:21 am)DramaQueen Wrote: I want to go to a charismatic church and start insulting them and say obscene shit in Libyan Arabic

Let's do this. You'll speak Libyan Arabic and I'll speak my obscure dialect. They'll be all over the place.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Do the other Italians understand it and how different is it?

Standard Arabic for a sky Is samá'un, in libyan it's sme
(September 28, 2014 at 11:50 am)DramaQueen Wrote: Do the other Italians understand it and how different is it?

Standard Arabic for a sky Is samá'un, in libyan it's sme

We have entire phrases that simply don't exist in standard Italian. If I were to speak it broadly enough, it would start being incomprehensible in a 80 km radius from my hometown.

"Senti solo che profumo" ----------> "S'nd sckjtt u' fjzz dall'addàur"
("Just smell this pleasant aroma")
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
The eastern word for smell means taste in Tripoli.

My mum tastes goooood

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8300 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Just looking for some fun reactions to today's Bible reading drfuzzy 13 2261 January 29, 2018 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Um, should we do anything special today (Maundy Thursday) ?? vorlon13 27 5057 April 14, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  I went to church today Longhorn 30 6484 August 24, 2016 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  encounter with a fundie homeschooler today - just sharing drfuzzy 43 8422 February 12, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Huffington post article today: "My Emancipation from American Christianity" drfuzzy 35 13584 December 6, 2015 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  So.. I got my Miracle Water today. Mostlyoffensive 16 5793 February 6, 2014 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Cyberman