Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dog which barked in the night...
The dog which barked in the night...
An interesting twist on the literary search for jesus. Rather than look at the documents which mention jesus, what about the ones which don't.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...sage-field
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: The dog which barked in the night...
Don't worry, believers will read just the part about the mention of JC is one of those books and ignore everything else, and will claim that one partial sentence is the indisputable proof of JCs existence.
I like how everything point away from religion
(October 1, 2014 at 2:40 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: An interesting twist on the literary search for jesus. Rather than look at the documents which mention jesus, what about the ones which don't.

Another interesting point is that it says in the same article that most modern day historians believe he did actually exist from about 7 BC to 33 AD. There must be some compelling reasons for that.
(October 1, 2014 at 4:30 pm)Lek Wrote:
(October 1, 2014 at 2:40 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: An interesting twist on the literary search for jesus. Rather than look at the documents which mention jesus, what about the ones which don't.

Another interesting point is that it says in the same article that most modern day historians believe he did actually exist from about 7 BC to 33 AD. There must be some compelling reasons for that.

Do let us know when you find some.
At least -one- very compelling reason Lek, their mortgages.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 1, 2014 at 4:38 pm)Rhythm Wrote: At least -one- very compelling reason Lek, their mortgages.

I like how you guys jump right away to discredit the historians.
LOL....Lek,

Quote: These views are so extreme and so unconvincing to 99.99 percent of the real experts that anyone holding them is as likely to get a teaching job in an established department of religion as a six-day creationist is likely to land on in a bona fide department of biology.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehr...49544.html

...they're discrediting themselves....

Do you have access to their evidence? Don't be stingy, let's see it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 1, 2014 at 4:30 pm)Lek Wrote:

He lived until 33 AD? AD meaning After Death?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

-anno domini
("after death" is a mnemonic device)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version of xtianity is most likely to be correct? FrustratedFool 20 1159 December 8, 2023 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  which version of christianity is correct? Drich 86 8955 March 30, 2020 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Dundee
  Which is the cause, which the effect: religious fundamentalism <=> brain impairment Whateverist 31 5267 March 20, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Which denominations have you spotted on this forum? Fake Messiah 87 14577 August 19, 2017 at 10:14 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which Jesus is real? Foxaèr 40 8200 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Truth in a story which is entirely dependent upon subjective interpretation Astonished 47 6335 January 10, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The benediction at last night's RNC drfuzzy 13 2340 July 21, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Perfect, Best of Possible, or Better than Nothing: Which criterion? Hatshepsut 35 6646 May 19, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christians: how do you sleep at night? Norman Humann 245 55996 March 21, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: daver49
  Finally! The definitive list of sexual positions which will sentence you to Hell! Jacob(smooth) 31 9452 February 19, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: pocaracas