Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions to answer
Questions to answer
I believe that every person on this earth has a certain amount of questions they need to answer. Each person has to answer these questions to the best of their ability.

I have found people on this website help answer a lot of these questions. I am / was a christian. Even when I accepted christianity's answers to these questions, I never thought it was my job to impose my views on anyone else. Just because you have found the answers to your questions does not mean they are right, they are just right for you. I know your bible says to teach everyone about your god. It does not say be belligerent and seek out forums of like minded people to try to convert everyone who answers their questions different from you.

I know it is healthy to see both points of view. That is why I came to this site. It was to hear an atheist point of view. Keyword here the verb hear. Not change. There are websites that promote other religions. I have been to many of them, yet I never once tried to change any of their answers. I just was looking to see if they answered MY questions. They didn't so I moved on.

This community seems to be very positive and open to people. I just wonder why other people find the need to be such a-holes when it comes to how I answer my questions?
RE: Questions to answer
Because some are just a-holes. Some are having a bad day and your question push them into a-hole rant. Sometimes an argument is just soooo bad that the only reasonable response is ridicule.
Some of them take this shit seriously.

http://www.endtime.com/blog/5-bible-vers...-word-god/

Quote:Several verses in Scripture tell us clearly that God expects us to spread His Word to everyone in the world.

Then they get pissed when the muslims do the same shit.
Some like being vocal atheists (and a good percentage I reckon) because it allows them to feel superior to another group. In that case they need to be a-holes about it.

Anyways. Ask away.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 21, 2014 at 1:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Some of them take this shit seriously.

http://www.endtime.com/blog/5-bible-vers...-word-god/

Quote:Several verses in Scripture tell us clearly that God expects us to spread His Word to everyone in the world.

Then they get pissed when the muslims do the same shit.

umm, those muslims do it with swords they are not shy about using

(not that the christers were any better back in the day)
If a person isn't a religious bigot he doesn't take his particular religion seriously.
There's actually a Christian doctrine called the "Sinful nature of man" which, translated out of churchy language, says that people are genetically inclined to act like assholes.

Boy do they!

SO I have reisgned myself to it. You can (and should) encourage them to improve, some, but they will always drive you up the wall sometimes.
(October 21, 2014 at 1:34 pm)Surgenator Wrote: Because some are just a-holes. Some are having a bad day and your question push them into a-hole rant. Sometimes an argument is just soooo bad that the only reasonable response is ridicule.

This.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
My dad, who never amounted to what society would regard as success, was incredibly wise and I respected him heaps. He always used to say, when you'd criticise someone, that you should look in the mirror.

People get so passionate about an idea, they forget that it's just an idea, something they've worked out that may or may not be right for everyone. The best a person can do is be completely open to other people's ideas. There are obviously flawed ideas, but it's an idiot who mocks idiocy.
A-holeism has nothing to do with A-theism Theism or any other 'ism's, it's a biological aspect of most living beings including humans.

A-holes serve many purposes, including talking shit, dropping shit and most other forms of shitiness.

A-holes are very vulnerable and fear attacks on them whenever someone points something in their general direction, and that is why they always stay on the defensive, and would often prefer to attack first before the others get a chance to penetrate their defenses.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is not the answer Foxaèr 47 5145 October 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer Foxaèr 431 125964 August 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12246 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I've never gotten a good answer to.... Brian37 23 5665 October 23, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The Consistent Asshole Answer to Every Problem Minimalist 3 1841 June 17, 2016 at 9:37 am
Last Post: tacebotedo
  Share Your Untestimony: Prayers that God didn't Answer Rhondazvous 81 21185 November 3, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Answer is - The Greeks Minimalist 16 3212 January 27, 2015 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  possible answer to why you should believe jeroenymo 65 11520 October 23, 2014 at 10:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13
Information FOR THE Atheist/Anti-Muslim/Non-Muslim, A Muslim ( Me) is going to answer you kahmed123 47 8382 October 8, 2014 at 8:37 am
Last Post: bladevalant546
  I am availible to answer some questions Miss Meng 264 42781 July 16, 2014 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Umberto