Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It time for another What if... Thread!
It time for another What if... Thread!
Last year we did one on witches and most of the old timers lost their minds, and wanted to burn me at the stake. I figured since we have so much fresh meat, we can let the new guys play, and see what they think. Rules are simple. If you want to play sick with in the senerio, don't wander off into history or self righteousness.

Ok so what if.... witches as per folk tales and scary movies existed? (Not the dbag witch/emo/hippies we do have) but real fly on a broom, steal your children cook and eat them, prey on people in general, no prision can hold them, can only be killed by water or fire, but real as the day is long???

Would it then be ok to have an hold witch hunts of old/Salem witch trials?

What if #2: what if just a few hundred years ago these type of witches really did exist and it wasn't superstition and rampant ignorance that over took people. What if the population was then just as aware of reality as we are now, only that the variable in the equation was reality itself and not our ancestors knoweledge of it? Meaning the supernatural was stronger than it is now?

Would that change your view of what they did and why they did what they did?
RE: It time for another What if... Thread!
What if you weren't such a fucking lunatic?
I'd mug them and steal their brooms.

Who doesn't want a flying broom?
Dying to live, living to die.
If the "if" in this instance were true, we'd be playing "what if it wasn't" right now.

(October 22, 2014 at 10:52 pm)Beccs Wrote: I'd mug them and steal their brooms.

Who doesn't want a flying broom?

Oh damn, Quidditch!?!? But on the for real? Of course, America would take it hostage, add some pads, and call it something different from the rest of the world, but I'd still cheer for my Cleveland team.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(October 22, 2014 at 10:50 pm)Drich Wrote: Last year we did one on witches and most of the old timers lost their minds, and wanted to burn me at the stake.

Sorry, you lose:

(October 22, 2014 at 10:50 pm)Drich Wrote: Rules are simple. If you want to play sick with in the senerio, don't wander off into history or self righteousness.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Ok, that was fun. My turn. Rules: Stick to the scenario and don't think of history as it is.

If history was different, would now be different?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(October 22, 2014 at 10:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What if you weren't such a fucking lunatic?

Then you'd just be some old guy with a pic of a dead guy holding his junk as your avatar, who agreed with everything every else said.
I agree that if witches are everything you say they are, they should be killed, but they didn't have to burn them at the stake. Couldn't they have just thrown a bucket of water over them? That way, if they weren't a witch, they would be absolutely fine.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
OOh pseudo brainwashing rpg, I like it.

And no, if witches like that really existed, then people would never have been able to burn them at the stakes like they did. Normal people would be gone instead, as everyone would learn to use magic, so there would be either witches, warlocks or me, a magi.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Well the idea behind the use of black magic was that it was not the indivisual who controled the magic. Demons were the source of what was actually going on and over time through the constant calling on demons, the demons took over, which was apart of a witches disfigured look.

The reason behind the fire was because that is what God uses to destroy them in Hell.

Wow this is a forward thinking bunch. I like that you are so ready to burn a witch... Now all soceity has to do is identify certain people as witches and we're off to start a new spanish inquisition.

Now the question is, what if 200 years ago witches did exist and fire was the only way to get rid of them? Where those who hunted and burned witches justified in thier actions if witches indeed exist?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27868 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2842 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  What time is it?? What if Time!!! Drich 94 10852 March 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  The Accidental Time Machine (SPOILER THREAD) atheist04330 10 2711 July 21, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Another law thread Drich 168 54133 February 11, 2013 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Did Bethlehem in Judea exist at the time of Jesus and at the time of David Ziploc Surprise 0 2050 January 1, 2013 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise