Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Two NYPD Officers Ambushed And Murdered
Two NYPD Officers Ambushed And Murdered
Funny how this bit of news seems to have gone unnoticed by the far-left members of AF. Then again, not so surprising that this one was ignored considering that it flies in the face of their far-left anti-cop sentiments...how about it Min? This one should make you happy. After all, your hatred of the police inspired you to start the "Fucking Cops" thread....

Quote:“Today two of New York’s finest were shot and killed with no warning, no provocation,” Mr. Bratton said at Woodhull Hospital in Williamsburg, where the officers were declared dead. “They were, quite simply, assassinated — targeted for their uniform and for the responsibility they embraced to keep the people of this city safe.”....

“There’s blood on many hands tonight — those that incited violence on the street under the guise of protests, that tried to tear down what New York City police officers did every day," the head of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association, Patrick Lynch, said outside Woodhull Hospital. He added, “That blood on the hands starts on the steps of City Hall, in the office of the mayor.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/nyregi....html?_r=0
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Two NYPD Officers Ambushed And Murdered
This is tragic and senseless. So much so that it overshadows my initial ill feeling towards you, A Theist, for being condescending toward the community here. Funny how rubbing something in Min's face was more important to you than just bringing awareness to this tragedy and allowing conversation to unfold naturally.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
The Police are given greater powers than the rest of us. This is generally a huge benefit to society, however not if these powers are abused and to stop this there must be accountability.

I am not sure how highlighting cases where they abuse their power and/or don't act in a way to benefit society is the same as wanting them shot.
(December 22, 2014 at 6:01 am)Exian Wrote: This is tragic and senseless. So much so that it overshadows my initial ill feeling towards you, A Theist, for being condescending toward the community here. Funny how rubbing something in Min's face was more important to you than just bringing awareness to this tragedy and allowing conversation to unfold naturally.

Quote: So much so that it overshadows my initial ill feeling towards you, A Theist, for being condescending toward the community here

Only to the far-left members of the community here. Especially since some among you will pile into Min's "Fucking Cops" thread to post how bad the police are. I waited around, since news of this tragedy broke out, to see if anyone here would post something about the two officers being shot to death. Nothing from any of you. Some of you guys here are all ready, in an instant, to pile on the police when some kind of news breaks out that seems to incriminate an officer of wrong doing, even when the facts are either to the contrary, or unclear. But nothing from any of you about the murder of these two officers. The initial ill feelings goes both ways you hypocrites.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
That case might be better listed in Min's 'second amendment' topic, seeing as the killer was a disturbed individual with a long rap sheet who managed to have a gun on his person just as he was going off the deep end.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
So, do you have any actual comment on the case itself, or are you just using the tragic murder of two people as a means to score some cheap personal digs?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 22, 2014 at 7:03 am)Tonus Wrote: That case might be better listed in Min's 'second amendment' topic, seeing as the killer was a disturbed individual with a long rap sheet who managed to have a gun on his person just as he was going off the deep end.

Yes, this is about the lax US gun regime rather than any left or right issue. you let crazy people have guns and they will shoot people.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 22, 2014 at 6:44 am)A Theist Wrote: Only to the far-left members of the community here. Especially since some among you will pile into Min's "Fucking Cops" thread to post how bad the police are. I waited around, since news of this tragedy broke out, to see if anyone here would post something about the two officers being shot to death. Nothing from any of you. Some of you guys here are all ready, in an instant, to pile on the police when some kind of news breaks out that seems to incriminate an officer of wrong doing, even when the facts are either to the contrary, or unclear. But nothing from any of you about the murder of these two officers. The initial ill feelings goes both ways you hypocrites.

I posted something when this happened in "Fucking cops " thread. I guess you missed it. The guy who did this was disturbed I think, he shot his girlfriend hours earlier. You should also realize when a cop kills someone like Garner and he is not charged, in fact defended by the police there are lots of ill feelings and frustration sooner or later things like this happen and it might be just the beginning. Whether you like Min or not you can't ignore that "fucking cops" thread, there a lot of bad cops!!!!!! I am reading "Rise of the warrior cop" By Radley Balko and it is shocking and depressing.
I'm finding the shooter's message to be confused by his shooting his girlfriend (who apparently is not a cop) before he shot the cops, and his apparent laxity in not finding 2 caucasian cops, instead shooting an asian and a hispanic.

It fucks up the narrative. I'm thinking the shooter was just a nutball.
(December 22, 2014 at 11:16 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I'm finding the shooter's message to be confused by his shooting his girlfriend (who apparently is not a cop) before he shot the cops, and his apparent laxity in not finding 2 caucasian cops, instead shooting an asian and a hispanic.

It fucks up the narrative. I'm thinking the shooter was just a nutball.

That or the political thing is just an ad hoc excuse.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2431 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1294 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Will Trump be Ambushed for 2020 Nomination? Yonadav 19 2229 January 22, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1044 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two minutes to midnight Jackalope 2 562 January 26, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Sure - But These Two Phony Cunts Were Fine With the Pussygrabber Minimalist 7 1011 July 31, 2017 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2962 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bill Maher Discusses The Lesser of Two Evils Minimalist 31 8358 May 8, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Madonna Steals Two More African Children From Malawi Fred Hampton 67 7114 March 26, 2017 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Trump summons final two SCOTUS nominees Cecelia 23 3270 February 3, 2017 at 1:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13