Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sup
Sup
Hey everyone, hows it hangin?

I've done a little reading here and there and figured I'd give this forum a try myself. I'm 18 years of age, was born in California, lives in NC, loves writing (short stories, poems, even got a novel thing im trying) and my name is Mikey Gibson and a Senior in HS. Basic stuff :3

Now into the realm of beliefs/religion...

Ummm, I dont...really consider myself to be affiliated to any particular faith system. Though, if I had to, I would consider myself a Zen Buddhist. I find the emphasis on self inquiry and to percieve reality as it is to be particularly to my liking.

I find this path difficult however...

Not so much of the practices and such but because I was raised Christian and my whole family is bassicly Christian. I know if I made it known to them that I no longer believe in a god (or doesnt think he is "a good, loving, compassionate" entity people make him to be)
and that I have been researching Buddhism...I would never hear the end of it. I guess one of the reasons I registered was to "tell someone" what Im feeling inside, to express myself without fear of being nagged at and tolled "god loves you, jesus died for you, you're going to hell"...and other bs.

I know it sounds petty but I hope to get my 2 cents out there Smile

And remember...

YALL NEED TALOS lol XD
RE: Sup
Welcome aboard.
Welcome
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(January 12, 2015 at 8:12 pm)wolfclan96 Wrote: And remember...

YALL NEED TALOS lol XD

Psst... Hail Sithis!
Talos is the only planet carrying the death penalty for visiting it (Talos IV, iirc). Don't you know your Trek history?

Good to have you aboard, wolfclan!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 12, 2015 at 8:48 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Talos is the only planet carrying the death penalty for visiting it (Talos IV, iirc). Don't you know your Trek history?

Good to have you aboard, wolfclan!

I was referancing Skyrim but...ok lol

Thats actually pretty interesting though, i shall look it up :3 lol
Wink

Don't mind me - it's what passes for wit around here...
Angel Cloud
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I thought it said Tacos.

Welcome anyways.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 12, 2015 at 8:12 pm)wolfclan96 Wrote: YALL NEED TALOS lol XD

Don't tell me what I need!

... Welcome.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(January 12, 2015 at 8:12 pm)wolfclan96 Wrote: YALL NEED TALOS lol XD

No thanks. I've got what I need right before me on the table. A nice cold beer.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sup? Zarastro 16 1518 September 29, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Zarastro
  Sup? AbsolutelyReligiousless 14 1743 June 13, 2016 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
Brick Sup fam Martian Mermaid 41 4667 April 27, 2016 at 4:33 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Sup everyone I'm TechAtheist! TechAtheist 23 2948 July 3, 2014 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: CindysRain
  Sup Sup 23 2402 April 10, 2014 at 1:10 pm