Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion=Penis?
Religion=Penis?
" Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one, and even fine to be proud of it.
It's not fine, however, to take it out and wave it around in public.
It's not fine to shove it down children's throats.
It's not fine to shove it in other people's faces. "

Any comments? Smile
Gone
RE: Religion=Penis?
Man, no wonder I belonged to a small cult. Sad
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
But what's the point of a penis if you can't shove it in people's faces?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(January 20, 2015 at 5:33 pm)Roxy904 Wrote: " Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one, and even fine to be proud of it.
It's not fine, however, to take it out and wave it around in public.
It's not fine to shove it down children's throats.
It's not fine to shove it in other people's faces. "

Any comments? Smile

I wrote a poem called 'I call my Penis Jesus' once.

Bur I can't find it, it's on some poetry forum somewhere.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
Not to a 13 y.o... it's too early for penis talk for you...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Well with reli-.. fuck it all religions are cults your going to get fucked up fucked down and fucked sideways anywhere you turn your getting fucked by something. So yes you can wave your penis around
and talk to it about people who worship the same penis. But there is street preachers who preach about the penis and second coming and or being hateful using their penis as a shield.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 20, 2015 at 5:56 pm)dyresand Wrote: Well with reli-.. fuck it all religions are cults your going to get fucked up fucked down and fucked sideways anywhere you turn your getting fucked by something. So yes you can wave your penis around
and talk to it about people who worship the same penis. But there is street preachers who preach about the penis and second coming and or being hateful using their penis as a shield.

Whenever I see a street preacher, I'm just going to up to him, and go, "Sir, please stop being hateful and using your penis as a shield." Maybe hand him a little pamphlet that says, "The first step is admitting you have a problem."
Gone
(January 20, 2015 at 6:00 pm)Roxy904 Wrote:
(January 20, 2015 at 5:56 pm)dyresand Wrote: Well with reli-.. fuck it all religions are cults your going to get fucked up fucked down and fucked sideways anywhere you turn your getting fucked by something. So yes you can wave your penis around

Whenever I see a street preacher, I'm just going to up to him, and go, "Sir, please stop being hateful and using your penis as a shield." Maybe hand him a little pamphlet that says, "The first step is admitting you have a problem."

ROFLOL and a intellectual problem as well.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 20, 2015 at 6:00 pm)Roxy904 Wrote:

You know what we need? Atheist tracts.
(January 20, 2015 at 6:04 pm)Davka Wrote:
(January 20, 2015 at 6:00 pm)Roxy904 Wrote: Whenever I see a street preacher, I'm just going to up to him, and go, "Sir, please stop being hateful and using your penis as a shield." Maybe hand him a little pamphlet that says, "The first step is admitting you have a problem."

You know what we need? Atheist tracts.

I am still working on it.
I'll be posting it up on the atheist sub forum.

Code:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10744 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4910 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19830 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49344 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
Exclamation Rabbi - why sucking a baby's penis in circumcision is good?! Woody68 9 3980 August 31, 2013 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Religion is like a penis Rokcet Scientist 12 9459 August 10, 2011 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5190 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused